|Fedora Test Days|
What to test?
Today's instalment of Fedora Test Day will focus on Jenkins. Read more
The following cast of characters will be available testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion ...
- Michal Srb (msrb)
Prerequisite for Test Day
Either of following:
- bootable USB key or CD/DVD disk with latest Fedora 21 live image
- machine or VM with updated Fedora 21
- Fedora doesn't yet have all core plugins which come by default with upstream Jenkins (rhbz#1147838)
- Attempt to download jenkins-cli.jar or slaves.jar from http://localhost:8080/jnlpJars/jenkins-cli.jar ends with "ERROR 500: Server Error" (rhbz#1147831)
- /var/log/jenkins/jenkins.log contains error message "SEVERE: Failed Inspecting plugin /var/lib/jenkins/plugins/jenkins-icon-shim.jpi due to bug in jenkins-icon-shim package (rhbz#1147821)
- JENKINS_HOME is owned by root (rhbz#1147846)
- Building "Maven project" doesn't work (rhbz#1147899)
How to test?
There are two options. Either you can stick with prepared test cases (below), or you can simply try to use Jenkins and experiment. The second option is probably better for people already familiar with Jenkins. In either case, please report all bugs in https://bugzilla.redhat.com/, component "jenkins". Please always attach Jenkins log file
/var/log/jenkins/jenkins.log, if possible. Thanks.
Update your machine
If you're running Fedora 21, make sure you have all the current updates for it installed, using the update manager. Also please make sure that you have latest Jenkins and its dependencies installed. Latest version in Fedora repositories is 1.581:
su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing jenkins-javadoc-plugin-1.2-1.fc21 jenkins-junit-plugin-1.1-1.fc21 jenkins-external-monitor-job-plugin-1.2-1.fc21 jenkins-ant-plugin-1.2-1.fc21 jenkins-executable-war-1.29-3.fc21 jenkins-mailer-plugin-1.11-1.fc21 js-yui2-2.9.0-6.fc21 stapler-adjunct-timeline-1.4-3.fc21 jenkins-1.581-2.fc21'
The live images are suitable for writing to a USB stick or to a DVD media. They can be used for installing Fedora from scratch, and may also be used to test Fedora directly from the USB stick / DVD media without writing anything to your hard drive. More information on how to use the images is available at FedoraLiveCD.
- Jenkins start/stop
- Freestyle project
- Command-line interface
- Script console
- Maven project
- Slave machines
|User||start/stop||freestyle project||cmd-line interface||script console||plugins||maven project||security||slave machines||References|