|Fedora Test Days|
- 1 What to test?
- 2 Who's available
- 3 Prerequisite for Test Day
- 4 How to test?
- 5 Test Results
- 6 How to file bugs
- 7 The Testing Process
- 8 List of applications for F23 L10n testing
- 9 FUAs Application List
- 10 FEDORA Applications
- 11 GNOME Applications
- 12 FIREFOX
What to test?
Today's installment of Fedora Test Day will focus on translations availability and accuracy in desktop applications
The following cast of characters will be available testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion ...
- Development - Pravin Satpute (pravins) Aman Alam (aalam)
- Quality Assurance - Ani Peter (apeter) Satyabrata Maitra (Satya)
- Localization - Noriko Mizumoto (noriko)
Prerequisite for Test Day
- Bare metal or virtual machine. Start with Virtualization
- Usb key, a virtualized guest or a burned CD/DVD with the test image.
How to test?
Prepare Your System
- Tests requiring physical media (e.g. DVD or CD images)
- You may download a non-destructive Fedora 23 live image for your architecture. The specific live image for L10N tests can be found here soon. Please note we are providing only x84_64 image for this testing. Tips on using a live image are available at FedoraLiveCD
- Unless otherwise noted, you may use nightly Fedora 23 branch install images. Review for information on downloading and installing Branched.
- If you are using a Alpha or pre-Alpha installation please keep in mind to update your system before running the tests.
How to run desktop in your language?
After booting from Live iso:
1. On desktop top right corner click on "Live System User"
2. From menu, select "Settings"
3. In "Settings" window, select "Region and Language"
4. Then in "Region and Language" window, Click on "Language", to add your language click ... (more) sign at the bottom.
5. In window select your language (start type name in English), then select language name and Click Done
6. enable INPUT method, in "Region and Language" window, Click on "Input Method", to add keyboard you want, click on plus ('+') and (more) sign at the bottom.
7. In window select your keyboard (start type name in English), then select keyboard name and Click Add
8. Click on 'Restart Now' bar will appear as in screen-shot
9. click on "Log Out" Button to logout
10. On gdm screen just click on user name "Live System User"
11. It will ask you to update folder name to your language, try your choice.
And start testing your language...
Nice to test
Bugs you might hit or additional situations that are nice to test:
(Shall update this section soon)
Specific L10N bugs like typos and translation mistakes should be directly reported to the local translation team mailing list or a bug report should be filed at Bugzilla against the related language. General bugs that affect all languages like strings not marked for translation, downstream patching that breaks translations and input method issues should be filed against the related package. If you are unsure about exactly how to file the report or what other information to include, just ask on IRC and we will help you.
How to file bugs
The following links helps you to guide to file both l10n and i18n related bugs:-
The Testing Process
- The testday app is a new interface developed by Adam Williamson for testing. From Fedora 23 L10n test day, we will be using this app to test the l10n packages and provide the test results.
- Testday App for Fedora 23 L10n Testing is here.
Steps for testers
- Translation teams/translators are free to prioritize packages they find more important to test.
- Go to the Fedora 23 app page.
- Applications to test is categorised into Fedora, Gnome and Firefox. For better viewing and to avoid cluttering, these applications are further divided into 4-5 sections.
- Click on the application name you would like to test. This will take you to the testcase page of that application explaining you about the application and steps to test.
- After completing the testing process of each application, press on the "Enter Result" shown below each applications. This will take you to a form where you can enter the test results for that particular application. Please enter the enter in the form as shown below and click on "Submit" :
(i) Username = Your name OR FAS name (ii) Hardware name = Lang code (iii) Select the result as PASSED or FAILED or INFO (iv) Bugs = Bug number of the filed bug. (v) Mention your comments or notes in the COMMENT section
- Continue testing of all applications and provide the test results as mentioned above.
List of applications for F23 L10n testing
NOTE:- If you find any strings in English, kindly confirm whether its 100% translated in upstream. Link for upstream is provided along with each packages. Accordingly please file your bugs, as in some cases latest translations might not be imported.
FUAs Application List
|Package||Provide Results||L10n Resource||Comments|