|Cloud/Atomic Test Day|
What to test?
Today's instalment of Fedora Test Day will focus on Fedora Atomic and Cloud images
The following cast of characters will be available testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion ...
- Development - Dustymabe (irc dustymabe), Sinny Kumari (irc ksinny)
- Quality Assurance - Kamil(irc kparal),Geoff Marr (irc coremodule), Sumantro Mukherjee (irc sumantrom)
Prerequisite for Test Day
A fresh system , testcloud to test qcow images locally, or access to a cloud provider like OpenStack or AWS ... a desire to break software?
The Fedora Cloud Base image and Atomic images are also delivered as qcow2 images. You can use testcloud to locally boot and test either of these images. You can run testcloud from a git checkout, or use dnf to install it:
sudo dnf install -y testcloud
Once it's installed, you can run testcloud like so:
testcloud instance create <name of instance> -u imag.qcow2
How to test?
This testday is more general, so attempt to do anything and everything with these images :) Specifically though, we'd like to take a look at the following scenarios:
- Deploy applications on top of Atomic
- Upgrades and downgrades of existing Atomic Hosts (preferably with applications running)
- Package layering with on top of the base Atomic OSTree
- Install Kubernetes, via ansible or kubeadm
- Test different cloud-init configs
- Deploy and run some applications in the cloud
EC2 If you have access to Amazon EC2, you can use one of the AMIs listed above for testing.
Run the tests
Visit the result page and click on the column title links to see the tests that need to be run: most column titles are links to a specific test case. Follow the instructions there, then enter your results by clicking the Enter result button for the test.
This testday is also meant to be exploratory, so the list on the testday app is not at all comprehensive!
If you find anything that seems wrong or off, please report a bug on Bugzilla. The affected component should be clear from whatever error message you happen to find, but if you aren't sure, ask in IRC. If you are unsure about exactly how to file the report or what other information to include, just ask on IRC and we will help you.