|GNOME 44 Apps|
|Date||2023-03-09 to 2023-03-10|
What to test?
This Test Day will focus on GNOME 44 Apps.
The following cast of characters will be available for testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion:
- Development - Kalev Lember (kalev), Allan Day (aday)
- Quality Assurance - Sumantro Mukherjee (sumantrom), Geoffrey Marr (coremodule), Kamil Paral (kparal), Adam Williamson (adamw)
You can chat with us on Matrix or IRC. See the infobox on top of the page to learn where to join.
Prerequisites for Test Day
- Fedora 38 Workstation nightly ISO image installed on either bare metal or in a virtual machine. (Make sure you have no important data on that system. Things might go wrong -- don't do this on your production machine!)
- If you already have Fedora 38 Workstation installed, there's no need to reinstall, but just make sure you have the latest updates installed.
How to test?
Visit the results page and click on the column title links to see the tests that need to be run: most column titles are links to a specific test case. Follow the instructions there, then enter your results by clicking the Enter result button for the test.
Please also try to experiment and explore and perform tasks not mentioned in any of the pre-defined test cases.
Fedora 38 and GNOME 44 include a number of new features that would benefit from additional testing. These include:
- Contacts: sharing contacts using a QR code
- Boxes: has a new add popover
Perhaps you've found an already-reported bug. Please look at:
All new bugs should be reported into the GNOME bug tracker. A less-preferred alternative is to file them into Red Hat Bugzilla. Each application has its own separate project, just search for it.
When filing the bug, it's very helpful to include:
- exact steps you've performed (and whether you can reproduce it again)
- screenshots or videos, if applicable
- system journal (log), which you can retrieve by
journalctl -b > journal.txt
- all output in a terminal, if started from a terminal
- your system description
If you are unsure about exactly how to file the report or what other information to include, just ask us.
Please make sure to link to the bug when submitting your test result, thanks!
Test results will be exported here once the test day is over. See How to test? section for information how to submit results and see the live results.