This page is intended to record QA:Fedora_15_Install_Test_Plan test results for the Fedora 15 Alpha Test Compose 1 milestone.
This page tracks test results against the Fedora 15 Alpha TC1 build. Test results against other Fedora 15 milestones can be found at Category:Fedora_15_Test_Results. The explanation of test case priority is available at QA:Fedora_15_Install_Test_Plan#Test_Priority.
What To Test
- Tests requiring physical media (e.g. DVD or CD images) -- download the required ISO images.
- Unless otherwise noted, you may use nightly Fedora 15 branch install images. Review for information on downloading and installing Branched.
- Delta_ISOs are available for install images, either by BitTorrent or direct download. If you have the install DVD image for the previous TC/RC (or in the case of Alpha TC1, the previous stable release), you can generate both current install discs (DVD and netinst) with greatly reduced download size. IMPORTANT: If using F15 or later DVD->DVD disos on a F14 or earlier system, the system must be temporarily modified as described here. The DVD->netinst disos do not require this modification.
The following cast of characters will be available testing, workarounds, bug fixes, general discussion ...
- IRC: #fedora-qa on irc.freenode.net
- Quality Assurance - User:Rhe, User:Robatino, User:Hongqing, User:jlaska
Add or Remove a Test Case
- Please request review for your changes by publishing your test case for review to test list.
- Once reviewed, make your changes to this document
- Finally, update QA:Fedora_15_Install_Results_Template with the same changes.
See the table below for a sample format for test results. All test results are posted using the format specified Template:Result.
|Test Results Format|
|Test Result||Explanation||Code Entered|
||Untested - This test has not been run, and is available for anyone to contribute feedback.|| |
||Passed - The test has been run and the tester determine the test met the expected results|| |
|Inprogress - An inprogress result is often used for tests that take a long time to execute. Inprogress results should be temporary and change to pass, fail or warn.|| |
|Failed - Indicates a failed test. A link to a bug must be provided. See Template:Result for details on providing bug information.|| |
||| Warning - This test completed and met the expected results of the test, but other issues were encountered during testing that warrant attention.
|Multiple results - More people can easily provide results to a single test case.|| |
|| Result from previous test run - This test result is directly moved from previous test run.
||Unsupported - An unsupported test or configuration. No testing is required.|
Please click [show] in each table to view the tests of each media installation, and click  to post your test results using the syntax in Key Section.
- netinst images are larger than ISO header indicates - see RHBZ #585006
- require at least 1G memo
- RHBZ #676551 - stage1 doesn't prompt for mediacheck
- RHBZ #676542-'No module named iutil' when attempting to load an installer interface component
- RHBZ #676485
- i386 repoclosure: http://fpaste.org/XOX3/
- x86_64 repoclosure: http://fpaste.org/XIID/
- sometimes need add a http repo first to make ftp work
- live images are larger than ISO header indicates - see RHBZ #585006
- Only test desktop live iso
- RHBZ #672265
- RHBZ #676533 Firstboot doesn't run, must create an ordinary user account using useradd and passwd in a VT
- RHBZ #677080 - 'F14' artwork is shown during F-15 installation
- RHBZ #675955
- RHBZ #676968
- same as repo=
- RHBZ #676972
- RHBZ #676821 - Couldn't resolve host name when installing packages over NFS
- RHBZ #677218 - Missing iso 9660 image during installation via NFS
- RHBZ #671922
- i386 install.log: http://fpaste.org/ecs1/
- RHBZ #654762-plymouth:couldn't log bootup
- RHBZ #676527-NMI watchdog disabled for cpu 0
- x86_64 install.log: http://fpaste.org/N2Rm/
- minimal i386 install.log: http://fpaste.org/mkMM/
- minimal x86_64 install.log: http://fpaste.org/s7QP/
- Using traceback-f15.img
- RHBZ #676815 - Upgrade from F14 to F15 Alpha TC1 failed due to package conflicts
- RHBZ #646843 - images/install.img will no longer exist in F-15 and newer