Owner: Fedora Infrastructure Team
Contact: #fedora-admin, sysadmin-torrent group
Purpose: Provides the torrent master server for Fedora distribution
The torrent server is hosted at !ServerBeach and is available at http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/.
When you want to add a new torrent to the tracker at http://torrent.fedoraproject.org you need to take the following steps to have it listed correctly:
- login to torrent.fedoraproject.org. If you are unable to do so please contact the fedora infrastructure group about access. This procedure requires membership in the torrentadmin group.
- upload the files you want to add to the torrent to torrent.fedoraproject.org:/srv/torrent/new/$yourOrg/
- use sha1sum and verify the file you have uploaded matches the source
- organize the files into subdirs (or not) as you would like
- run /srv/torrent/new/maketorrent [file-or-dir-to-torrent] [file-or-dir-to-torrent]
# that will generate a .torrent file for you
- copy the .torrent file(s) to: /srv/torrent/www/torrents/$yourOrg/
- cd to /srv/torrent/torrent-generator/ or /srv/torrent/spins-generator/ (depending on if it is an official release or spins release)
- add a .ini file in this directory for the content you'll be torrenting. If you're not doing a normal Fedora release the filename should in the brackes should be "[$yourOrg/File-Of-1.1.torrent]" The format of each section should be:
[Zod-livecd-1-i386.torrent] description=Fedora Core 6 Zod LiveCD 1 iso image for i386. size=683M releasedate=2006-12-22 group=Fedora Core 6 Zod LiveCD 1
- mv all files from /srv/torrent/new/$yourOrg into /srv/torrent/btholding/ - this includes the files you uploaded as well as the .torrent files you've created.
Your files will be linked on the website and available on the tracker after this.