This test case ensures that disk drive(s) are properly unmounted during a power down or a restart.
- Install or deploy the Fedora release media you wish to test. Follow all defaults, except that you can use any file system supported by the installer for the system partitions (ideally, this test should be run at least once with each of them).
- Reboot to the installed system.
- If you are testing a live image, perform the steps below from the live environment before doing the install. After this go ahead with the install. Then perform the steps below from the installed system.
How to test
- On the installed system, run a console and become root with
- Run the following command:
journalctl -b | grep -E "dirty bit|data may be corrupt|recovery|unmounted|recovering"and see whether there is any output.
- If there was output from the grep command, run the command
journalctl -b -l > journal.log. Please file a bug report (the kernel is most likely the correct package to file the report against) and attach the journal.log file to the bug report.
- Restart the test system using the command
rebooton the virtual console.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 above.
grepcommand should produce no output.
rebootshould cause an orderly shutdown and restart of the system.