Andrew Vermilya Jamison
I have been using Fedora and Linux in general since Fedora core 3 and have slowly learned several tricks along the way.
I am asked alot what my views are on people leaving Windows for Linux and never turning back. I often reply To each his own. If you can do what you need to do in Windows then use it if not and you find Linux more suitable for your needs then by all means use Linux. I guess you could say that while I use Linux and Windows both I prefer Linux over Windows for several reasons such as Speed reliability stability and so on.
I like to hang out in the Fedora Forums as well as occationaly using xchat to access the IRC
I am currently enrolled in a bachelors degree to become a Network Administrator. This degree will require various degrees of knowledge on my part most of which is directly related to Linux. I feel this will only strengthen my resolve to learn as much as I can about Fedora and Linux in general.
- Email: ajamison AT fedoraproject DOT org
- IRC: ajamison5579 #fedora,#category5,#ubuntu,#fedora-qa,#fedora-ambassador
- GPG key: 5B52C0CA
- Fedora Account: ajamison
Activities within Fedora
- I am becoming more active in demonstrating the power of linux and Fedora to friends as well as showing users of various other Linux distributions what makes Fedora stand out for me.
- Working with an online TV show Category5.tv as one of their Fedora correspondants. While officialy i am just a viewer i have worked with the shows host Robbie Ferguson on some key points to mention about Fedora.
- Currently trying to get involved in a local LUG and spread Fedora that way. Found a potiential group that is mostly Debian centric but they are interested in Fedora.
Useful Linux Resources
- Common CLI Commands
- Linux Weekly News
- How to Sign RPMs
- Home of the Autoten Script
- Category 5 Technology TV (online weekly show)