|Home:||Beijing, China (UTC+8)|
|IRC channels:||#fedora-ambassadors, #fedora-zh, #fedora-docs, #fedora-meeting|
|Gtalk:||alick9188 NOSPAN AT gmail DOT com|
I'm alick, a student in Tsinghua University in Beijing, China. My Chinese name is ZHAO Tao.
I have been using Fedora since 2009 spring. Now my major OS is Fedora 18.
I am now a board manager of Redhat/CentOS/Fedora board in Linux110, a Chinese Linux BBS. Also a board manager of Linux board in FREE, BBS of my department in school. Also a member of TUNA, which runs the university's open source mirror site, where I am the maintainer of rpmfusion and CentOS mirrors.
After using Fedora for a while, I felt I should contribute to the community. Then I created a FAS account in Feb 2010 when I was on winter vacation. I like Fedora and feel glad to be able to contribute to the project.
I am a member of docs-publisher group, and try to take care of docs publishing of Simplified Chinese (zh_CN) translation team.
I am also a Fedora Ambassador. I'd like to work as an ambassador to
- introduce Fedora to people around who suffer a lot from BSOD, and help to set up a good Linux desktop, and
- encourage more people who have some skills of Fedora to contribute to the Fedora Project directly; thus
- contribute to a larger Chinese community of Fedora, and Linux as a whole.
More specifically, I'd like to
- introduce Fedora when dealing with computer problems,
- help install a Fedora OS for someone interested,
- ensure commitment of current jobs(l10n, docs publishing, mirror maintenance, etc),
- participate scheduled IRC meetings frequently,
- prepare and host Fedora Release Parties, FADs (maybe even FUDCons),
- some other things I might think of (or you can tell me).
I was one of the organizers and the host of Fedora 18 Release Party in Beijing, which happened in Jan 2013 and was quite successful.
Another Microblog: http://weibo.com/alickzhao