|IRC channels:||#fedora-el, #fedora-science|
Hi! I have been using GNU Linux since 2011. My first distro was SlackWare and i had to do a lot of reading in order to install it and use it. After that i moved to several other distros like ubuntu, arch and also Debian, a distro that i like much but i prefer not to install it on a desktop system. Arch is great too. Finally, i've ended up in fedora and i don't want to look elsewhere in the future. The reasons are the following:
- Best Gnome experience (my favorite GUI).
- It includes the latest software packages.
- Early adoption of new technologies.
- It's Very very stable although the two above reasons.
- The project encourages contribution.
- It feels to me as a solid distro.
- It's the only distro with which i've managed to scan documents with my canon-mx475 printer.
- Email: gmail
- IRC: anazli9 (in #fedora-el, #fedora-science)
- GPG key:
- Fedora Account: anazli
- GitHub: https://github.com/anazli
Activities within Fedora
I am a new fedora member (and user) and i'm trying to find my way to start contributing to the project. I am a new member of the scitech's Sig. My skills include C/C++, Python-NumPy-MatPlotLib, Fortran77, Bash, LaTeX, OpenMP, Vim, GNU Octave and scientific simulations.
I am a PhD candidate at Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. My major is Physics - Computational Physics.
To hightlight the work I've done in Fedora, here are the badges I've accumulated: