Channels (in order of priority)
- Local Contacts (in Person)
- Local Contacts (by Mail)
- Fedora/Linux events
- Buy from vendors
- Free media
Detailed description of channels
- Helper tool to easily select what to download and provide a link.
- A helper matrix for example?
Local Contacts (in person)
- We maintain a list of volunteers (people add their names to it).
- Contact an Ambassador.
- Get a time slot.
- Go get media burnt.
- Some place needed to maintain records.
- A Wiki page?
- Free media trac system? Ambassador opens a ticket himself?
- A separate ticket system? Only for use by Ambassadors?
Local Contacts (by mail)
- Maintain a list of volunteers (people add their names to it)
- Contact Ambassador
- Send blank media and return envelope (or send money, whatever, to be decided by requester and Ambassador)
- Ambassador files a ticket, so we can maintain records.
- We need to somehow be able to check that people do service the requests after receiving blank media.
- How will this be implemented?
- Only volunteers should be able to view info of requester.
- make them a part of the free media group?
- Needs discussion.
- Keep the list up to date.
- Already working pretty well.
- Any improvements?
Buy from vendors
- Invite vendors, it's free marketing for them.
- Ping them once every quarter?
- Man power needed to do this (or a team)
- Can we look to the marketing team for help? (This is marketing, isn't it?)
- Once in 3 weeks (a suitable time period) we can have a thread and people will hopefully volunteer to check out some sites. Doesn't have to be a fixed team.
- We can announce an updated vendors list every quarter?
- Co-ordination with vendors will be needed (a specific ML that they can join?)
- Two per month is requested.
- home made media.
- If a volunteer wants, he can sponsor media by using an on line vendor to provide someone media. [NOT A SEPARATE PROGRAM]
- To be maintained by Susmit, Frank, Neville (the already appointed team?)
- Used for sponsored media (see above).
- Should the collected amount etc. be public? Ie, contributors should be able to look at a page to see the stats of donations?
- List of volunteers willing to work on these.