Hello, My name is luke martinez (asmartgoat). I am 14 years old, I live in melbourne, Australia.
I am very lucky to have been using linux while growing up since my father was a developer. I have to credit him with introducing me to Free and Open Source software at a very young age, (younger than I can remember).
I used to always save up for a linux magazine to get the latest distrubution onto my pentium III 450mhz noisy-box. RHL*, mandrake/mandriva. you name it, i've had it.
What do i miss: everything going [OK] when its booting up except for cups (common unix printing system) which always used to give back the [failed] responce. :P (i know you can bring up interactive boot, I just miss black / grey / green / red)
What i do now?
Nowadays i market linux & FOSS to my colleges and mates at school, I have made the school switch from ie to an ie / firefox choice (which it's pretty obvious that everybody chooses firefox! :) )
I used to provide support to countless individuals on ubuntu with questions such as "how do i install the nvidia driver?" and "how do I switch to kde?"
I have made: 2 people switch to fully open source software Josh Carter & <name withheld>.
As well as my younger sister who has the opertunity to experience FOSS at the same age as I did. she prefers going on my laptop than the other computers because "it has fedora on it!"
I am usualy very easy to reach, You can contact me on;
* Email: l32007luke AT gmail.com (preferred) * Twitter: asmartgoat (may take a few days for a reply) * IRC : asmartgoat (#fedora #fedora-ambassadors) * Talk : my talk page! * Snail Mail: To Luke Martinez - 34 McCubbin way Berwick 3806 Victoria Australia
I use Fedora 13 with Gnome and xchat for IRC.
Feel free to edit this page and fix errors.
Things I need to / will do
- organize a fedora event
- convince the IT staff to install fedora on the web kiosks.
- get sugar for my sister
- provide support in #fedora & #fedora-unregistered
Things I do
- introduce FOSS to school students.
- provide support for people who have recieved the gift of FOSS from me.
- spend tireless hours waiting for the next version of fedora to download.
- jump over small to medium sized buildings
(that last one was a joke)