Hello, My name is luke martinez (asmartgoat). I am 14 years old, I live in melbourne, Australia.
I am very lucky to have been using linux while growing up since my father was a developer. I have to credit him with introducing me to Free and Open Source software at a very young age, (younger than I can remember).
I used to always save up for a linux magazine to get the latest distrubution onto my pentium III 450mhz noisy-box. RHL*, mandrake/mandriva. you name it, i've had it.
What do i miss: everything going [OK] when its booting up except for cups (common unix printing system) which always used to give back the [failed] responce. :P (i know you can bring up interactive boot, I just miss black / grey / green / red)
Wait? Your 14
Yes, i know i get that alot. I am a person who is mature, i am in year 9* advanced class. I am an honest responible person.
(*australian year nine may be different to X countries' year 9)
What i do now?
Nowadays i market linux & FOSS to my colleges and mates at school, I have made the school switch from Internet Explorer to an ie / firefox choice (which it's pretty obvious that everybody chooses firefox! :) )
I used to provide support to countless individuals on ubuntu with questions such as "how do i install the nvidia driver?" and "how do I switch to kde?"
As well as my younger sister who has the opertunity to experience FOSS at the same age as I did. she prefers going on my laptop than the other computers because "it has fedora on it!"
I am easy to reach;
- Email: [MailTo:l32007lukeATgmail.com]
- IRC: asmartgoat on freenode (#fedora-ambassadors, #fedora)
- Twitter: asmartgoat
- Other: My talk page
- GPG key ID: 0x59EBF3D0
- Fedora Account: asmartgoat Fedora Account System
- Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia (email me for address)
I want to / will do in the future;
- organize a local fedora event
- convince the IT staff to install fedora on the library search kiosks.
- get sugar for my sister
- provide support in #fedora
I do at the moment;
- introduce FOSS to high-school students.
- provide support for people who have recieved the gift of FOSS from me.
- spend tireless hours waiting for the next version of fedora to download.