Hello, My name is luke martinez (asmartgoat). I am 14 years old, I live in Melbourne, Australia. I was born on the Third of November 1995.
I am very lucky to have been using linux while growing up since my father was a developer. I have to credit him with introducing me to Free and Open Source software at a very young age, (younger than I can remember).
I used to always save up for a linux magazine to get the latest distrubution onto my pentium III 450mhz noisy-box. RHL*, mandrake/mandriva. you name it, i've had it.
Wait? Your 14
Yes, i know i get that alot. I am a person who is mature, i am in year 9* advanced class. I am an honest responible person.
What i do now?
Nowadays i market linux & FOSS to my colleges and mates at school, I have made the school switch from Internet Explorer to an ie / firefox choice (which it's pretty obvious that everybody chooses firefox! :) )
I used to provide support to countless individuals on ubuntu with questions such as "how do i install the nvidia driver?" and "how do I switch to kde?"
I am easy to reach;
- Email: [MailTo:l32007lukeATgmail.com] (add [Fedora] to the start of the message. :D)
- IRC: asmartgoat on freenode (#fedora-ambassadors, #fedora)
- Twitter: asmartgoat
- Other: My talk page
- GPG key ID: 0x59EBF3D0
- Fedora Account: asmartgoat Fedora Account System
- Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia (email me for address)
I want to / will do in the future;
- organize a local fedora event
- convince the IT staff to install fedora on the library search kiosks.
- get sugar for my sister
- provide support in #fedora
I do at the moment;
- I edit the wiki, so if there is a page that needs care, drop a note on the disscussion page. :)
- introduce FOSS to high-school students.
- provide support for people who have recieved the gift of FOSS from me.
- spend tireless hours waiting for the next version of fedora to download.
- I speak (but dont write) spanish.
- I speak (and write) a little german.
- I have a tendancy to tell people off if they give me .doc / .ppt files.
- I can write simple PHP to send mail. :)
Asmartgoat 04:55, 13 October 2010 (UTC)