I hope to get a nice photo at FAD Brisbane / LCA :) for my hackergotchi :)
I am easy to reach;
- Email: [MailTo:l32007lukeATgmail.com] (add [Fedora] to the start of the message. :D)
- IRC: asmartgoat on freenode (#fedora-ambassadors, #fedora)
- Fedora Talk: Extension: 5151846
- or SIP:email@example.com
- Other: User Talk Page
- Fedora Account: asmartgoat Fedora Account System
- Location: Moving House / state soon, irrelevant at the moment.
I want to / will do in the future;
- organize a local fedora event
- convince the IT staff to install fedora on the library search kiosks. [?] update: School is looking into using linux for technology classes.
- get sugar on a stick for my sister [done]
- provide support in #fedora
I do at the moment;
- I edit the wiki, so if there is a page that needs care, drop a note on the disscussion page. :)
- Introduce FOSS to high-school students.*
- provide support for people who have recieved the gift of FOSS from me.
- spend tireless hours waiting for the next version of fedora to download.
- I speak (but dont write) alot of spanish.
- I speak (and write) a little german.
- I have a tendency to tell people off if they give me *.doc(x) or *.ppt(x) files.
What I find sad (warning RANT!)
- All the school children running into the IT classes to get their grubby hands on the 'latest' version of microsoft excel(tm) and word. And learn 'Information Technology.'
- How if i ask the IT guys if they use linux in their servers, they reply. "whats Linux"
- I also find it sad how people refer to presentations as "power-points" A POWER-POINT IS A FREAKING HOLE IN THE WALL IN WHICH YOU PLUG AN APPLIANCE INTO NOT ANOTHER FREAKIN WORD FOR "PRESENTATION"
Even a published book says "you may do it as one of the following, an essay, a power-point or even a poster" I may do something as a power-point, next time i see something like that, im going to purchase a novelty power-point and write the work on that.
PowerPoint: Microsoft PowerPoint is a presentation program by Microsoft. It is part of the Microsoft Office suite, and runs on Microsoft Windows and Apple's Mac OS X operating system.
Power-Point: A wall socket by which electricity is provided to electrical devices
Asmartgoat 06:05, 2 December 2010 (UTC)