This case tests upgrading from the current stable release (Fedora 28) to the development release (Fedora 29) with Xfce desktop.
How to test
- Perform an installation of the previous Fedora release (Fedora 28) and Xfce desktop using any available means (Xfce Spin, DVD/Boot.iso/Netinst.iso/PXE installation and select
- Log into Xfce and do a full system update.
- Upgrade your system to Fedora 29 using any available means (
boot.iso, PXE or
- Boot and test the system.
- Log into Xfce and test the desktop and important applications and desktop components (Terminal, File manager, panels, desktop icons, menus etc ...)
- The system should be upgraded to Fedora 29 version without error
- Xfce desktop configuration must be the same, if there's any changes in configuration file format, you should be prompted to migrate your configuration.
- Applications and desktop components should work correctly.