Name: Bruno Wolff III
Location/Timezone: US Central Time
Active Member of Fedora for: About 3 years depending on the definition of active
Fedora Interests: Custom spin tools, assorted games, fedora talk
Hours per week promised: 4
Programming Languages: C, Perl, SQL, Fortran
How long using Fedora: Regularly starting around FC6. (I used RH 6.2 for a long time.)
How long using Linux: Since around 1998 or so. Before that I used GNUized unix going back to around 1991. And more standard unix for a few years before that.
Do you have a full time job working on or with Linux: (yes/no) no (Not as my primary focus, though my desktop at work runs Fedora.)
Do you have a full time job doing development: (yes/no) no
Other notable experiences and skills:
- Run a database driven hobby web site using some perl scripts that pull data from a postgres database.
- I also have been doing a little bit with asterisk.
- I am an amateur sysadmin.
- I have done some playing around with networking flashing my consumer routers with wireless support. I currently am using DDWRT in production and a custom OpenWRT trunk build in testing.
- I have done some studying / testing of traffic control using linux tools (ip and tc). At some point I want to get around to having my routers do traffic classification and shaping.
What access do you currently have in Fedora? packager spin-kickstarts
What personal resources do you have that could be of use? (workstation, virtualization environment, cluster, high speed internet, etc)
- I have a tdm400p that I use with asterisk.
- I have at least one (old) workstation (wx8000) that isn't a big deal to have wiped most of the time.
- I have a T1 data connection to my home with a /27 IP address allocation.
- I am running the DNS server (tinydns/axfrdns) for wolff.to and can create subdomains at will.