- 1 Christian Iseli
- 1.1 A few links
- 1.2 Packages I currently maintain in Fedora
- 1.3 Wiki pages I currently maintain in Fedora
- 1.4 My goals in the Fedora Project
- 1.5 Packages I want to see published
- 1.6 Historical qualifications
- 1.7 What other projects have you worked on in the past?
- 1.8 What computer languages and other skills do you know?
- 1.9 Why should we trust you?
- 1.10 GPG KEYID and fingerprint
- Full legal name: Christian Iseli
- IRC: c4chris- on a few fedora related channels at freenode
- City, Country: Lausanne, Switzerland
- Profession: Computer engineer, system manager, bioinformatician
- Company: Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research (http://www.licr.org)
and Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics (http://www.isb-sib.ch)
Packages I currently maintain in Fedora
If you notice any problem in those packages, please fill in a bugzilla ticket for the appropriate component of the "Fedora" product.
Wiki pages I currently maintain in Fedora
My goals in the Fedora Project
- make Fedora a good choice for the bioinformatics field
Packages I want to see published
- mainly bioinformatics packages, and system management type packages
- I have a PhD in computer engineering.
- My thesis was on reconfigurable processors (using FPGA chips) and accompanying tools (compilers and such...)
- I've now been working in bioinformatics for about 10 years...
What other projects have you worked on in the past?
- I have not been part of an open source project team, but I worked for a couple years on porting binutils/gcc to a small microprocessor and got some patches included upstream (in EGCS at the time...)
- I also have a few projects on SourceForge , username c4chris
What computer languages and other skills do you know?
- nowadays it's mainly C and Perl, but whatever works...
- I know my way in Linux and Solaris (been managing Sun machines since the Sun 2 in 1985 or so...)
- I also had some fun with HP/UX, Tru-64, VMS, Tops-20, NOS/BE and some others I don't care too much to remember...
Why should we trust you?
- because I'm Kaa singing "Trust in me" ? :-)
GPG KEYID and fingerprint
pub 1024D/6D056931 2003-03-06 Key fingerprint = 4FA8 A97C D4BC 5A4B 8AB6 5872 9414 DD3C 6D05 6931 uid Christian Iseli <Christian.Iseli@licr.org> sub 1024g/1F4FCEFE 2003-03-06