|Nguyễn Hà Dương (Duong H. Nguyen in English)|
|[[Image:|none|Nguyễn Hà Dương (Duong H. Nguyen in English)]]|
|Personal Mail:||cmpitg at g mail dot com|
|IRC:||cmpitg on Freenode in|
|#hanoilug #lisp-vn #racket #newlisp|
- ID: cmpitg
- In Vietnamese: Nguyễn Hà Dương
- In English: Duong H. Nguyen or simply Yang
- In Japanese: グエンヤン, or グエン陽輝 (natively).
- Gender: Male
- Nationality: Vietnamese
- Country where I live and work now: Vietnam
- Organization: Hanoi Community Space
Starting using GNU/Linux and officially joined the Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) world in 2006, I came to love the sharing culture and freedom in software. In 2008, I decided to join and contribute to some FOSS projects and spent most of my time developing FOSS and promoting the spirit of sharing and collaborating in my country since then.
I am currently a member of many local and international FOSS communities, including:
I'm one of the organizers of some FOSS events and coding activities with FOSS spirit in Vietnam, such as:
- Software Freedom Day @ Hanoi in 2010 and 2011
- FOSS @ ICTU in 2011
- Open Day 2010 and 2011
- Fedora Release Parties with Tuan and Thang, from Fedora 14 - 16
- Ubuntu Release Parties with Thang, from Ubuntu 10.04 - 12.04
- Hanoi Coding Dojo
In the beginning of 2012, my fellows and I founded Hanoi Community Space - an active group which helps promote FOSS culture and contribute to FOSS communities all over the world, with me being the current dictator.
I started using Fedora in 2008 but I did not come to like it 'til version 12 released in 2009. As of April, I have done some packaging in my own interest and decided to contribute to the international Fedora projects technically and socially.
In all FOSS events, especially Fedora release parties, I help popularize Fedora and fix Fedora-related problems:
- Distributing Fedora media.
- Installing and customizing Fedora for Vietnamese users.
- Raising awareness of Fedora projects and helping people join.
In the future, I want to fully adapt and adopt Fedora to Vietnamese people and make Fedora a better operating system for all users worldwide.