Hi. I am a Fedora user and first got to know Linux since Slackware 0.96 was released. After few years I started to go towards Linux systems again and since I have used RH 7 and 9, Fedora 3, 5, 7, 9 and now 11. Also I am familiar with Ubuntu (couple of latest editions). I started my "computer age" in the beginning of 80's using Aquarius, Amstrad and C32VIC + C64 (and Commodore PET!) and then professionally got involved briefly with systems like Digital PDP 10-30 and 11-30, VAX-VMS etc. I still remember very well when we got first IBM PC in the company where I worked those days.. ..not involved with computers much anyhow.
Professionally I am in software development business by running my own company, IT Development Spain, in southern Spain (Costa del Sol).
Before moving permanently in Spain, some 9 years ago, I was working in Finland in some quite large companies such as Valio Data Oy, which was later outsourced to ICL Data (Fujitsu) where I was a software engineer being part of large scale projects like:
- Finland's dairy (milk) quota production calculation system for European Union Ministry of Agriculture at the time when Finland joined EU.
- Laboratory analysis software of milk quality for the Finnish milk producers (Valio Oyj).
- Logistics software for one of the worlds largest steel production company, Rautaruukki Corporation.
- I have also worked in projects for other large companies such as ABB-Strömberg, UPM-Kymmene, Uuden Kaupungin Autotehdas (Porche Car manufacruting in Finland) etc.
Later I went to work at Telecom Finland Oy, which then changed its name to Sonera Corporation and again being now TeliaSonera, the largest telecommunications operator in Scandinavia, as a Development Manager. Mainly working with Internet based products, eCommerce systems, payment gateways etc.
I am myself fluent with C/C++, PHP (and databases/SQL such as MySQL etc..). Also I have done programming with VB, Java, some C# etc.
- Email: jukka AT devspain DOT com
- Fedora Account: devspain
- Website: http://www.devspain.com
- Languages: Finnish (native), English (fluent), Spanish (fluent)
- More contact details: See: http://www.devspain.com
Activities within Fedora
So far my activities with Fedora have been using it in everyday work. In the office we do not have any other than Linux OS's in use!
Also I try to talk with people physically here in the Costa del Sol area and I have even managed to get some people switching into Linux.. :-) I also spread some Linux related information in various discussion boards, mainly in Finnish and English.
I am getting involved with Fedora more and more, so be aware.. :-)