Hi. I am a Fedora user and first got to know Linux since Slackware 0.96 was released. After some ~10 years ago years I started to go towards Linux systems again and since I have used RH 7 and 9 I continued with Fedora by starting from version 3 and now using the latest. Also I am familiar with Ubuntu (some of latest editions), RHEL, CentOS and some others.
I started my "computer age" in the beginning of 80's using Aquarius, Amstrad and C32VIC + C64 (and Commodore PET!) and then professionally got involved briefly with systems like Digital PDP 10-30 and 11-30, VAX-VMS etc., first Unix being the System V and first C-compiler I used was a proper K&R. I still remember very well when we got first IBM PC in the company where I worked those days.. ..not involved with computers much anyhow.
Professionally I am in software development business by running my own company, IT Development Spain, in southern Spain (Costa del Sol) since year 2001.
Before moving permanently in Spain, some "more than" 10 years ago, I was working in Finland in some quite large companies such as Valio Data Oy, which was later outsourced to ICL Data (Fujitsu) where I was a software engineer being part of large scale projects like:
- Finland's dairy (milk) quota production calculation system for European Union Ministry of Agriculture at the time when Finland joined EU.
- Laboratory analysis software of milk quality for the Finnish milk producers (Valio Oyj).
- Logistics software for one of the worlds largest steel production company, Rautaruukki Corporation.
- I have also worked in projects for other large companies such as ABB-Strömberg, UPM-Kymmene, Uuden Kaupungin Autotehdas (Porche Car manufacruting in Finland) etc.
Later I went to work at Telecom Finland Oy as a Development Manager. Quite soon company changed its name to Sonera Corporation and again being now TeliaSonera, the largest telecommunications operator in Scandinavia, I was mainly working with Internet based products such as:
- eCommerce systems
- Payment gateways
- Back Office connectivity etc.
- ..and some other mission critical systems including n-tier/2-phase committed transactional services etc.
I am myself fluent with C/C++, PHP and databases/SQL such as MySQL, Interbase, SQLServer and so on. Also I have done some programming with VB, Java, some C# etc. When running my own small company, its not just management and leadership.., there are always some coding to do for me as well and that's what I like.
- Email: jukka AT devspain DOT com
- IRC: devspain (freenode: #fedora*), Not using IRC on a regular basis!
- Fedora Account: Devspain
- Website: http://www.devspain.com
- Languages: Finnish (native), English (fluent), Spanish (fluent)
- More contact details: See: http://www.devspain.com
- Key fingerprint: 0EA3 3F4A F36A 6092 7709 1248 A181 D1CA 5FF7 60BA
- Address: Fuengirola (MA), Spain, (please, ask for more details or see our website)
Activities within Fedora
My activities with Fedora have been using it in everyday work. In the office we do not have any other than Linux OS's in use!
Also I try to talk with people physically here in the Costa del Sol area and I have even managed to get some people switching into Linux and Fedora.. :-)
I also spread some Linux related information in various discussion boards, mainly in Finnish and English.
Currently I'm Involved in