I am a researcher, software developer, a former (and returning) Fedora package maintainer. Between 2004 and 2013, I started the WenQuanYi Project, one of the largest crowd-sourcing CJK font projects, and had packaged and maintained these fonts for Fedora for several years, before I moved on to focusing on research completely.
Over the past years, my research produced several open-source modeling tools, including
- Iso2Mesh - an comprehensive image-based 3D mesh generator for MATLAB and Octave,
- JSONLab - one of the widely used 3rd party JSON parser/writer for MATLAB,
- MCX - a GPU accelerated Monte Carlo light transport simulator (used a lot by fNIRS community),
- MMC - a mesh-based Monte Carlo light simulator,
- Brain2Mesh - a high-quality brain mesh generation toolbox based on Iso2Mesh, and more recently
- OpenJData & NeuroJData - a set of file specifications and toolboxes to use JSON for scientific data storage.
I am returning as a package maintainer and would like to at least contribute to NeuroFedora by assisting or packaging the open-source tools produced by my lab, and if bandwidth allows, extended to other neuroimaging/neuroanatomical analysis utilities. I've met Morgan Hough in my University as well as in my workshop. JSONLab has already been packaged by Igor; Morgan and I also had recent discussions on packaging Iso2Mesh as well.