Hi. I'm GregDeKoenigsberg. I do open source community work for Red Hat.
You can reach me at gdk at redhat dot com.
Here's all the stuff I care about, or am nominally "responsible" for.
For now, I'm acting as the cat herder for the Fedora marketing team. The documents that we use to manage our meetings:
- The task list , where we keep track of who has promised to do what (tactical)
- The master marketing plan , where we define our long-term plans (strategic)
- Meeting page , where we collect meeting minutes and so forth.
Red Hat Community Architecture Team
Our team serves as Red Hat's consultants for building strong communities. I'm responsible for particular pieces of this effort:
- Lead management for potential partners in community efforts.
- Community consulting for particular Red Hat / Fedora communities who need a boost.
If you really want to understand the value of open source in the business world, I recommend the following reading materials:
- Open Source Software: Free Provision of Complex Public Goods by James Bessen, Boston University
- The Architecture of Participation by Kim Clark and Carliss Baldwin, Harvard Business Schoool
- Software Industry vs. Software Society by Michael Tiemann, VP of Open Source Affairs, Red Hat