- Nearest commercial airport is Kansas City (MCI), about an hour's drive from Lawrence
- This is the one major blocker to Lawrence, but a similar problem wasn't a big deal for Blacksburg 2012
- The Oread (warning: entire site is Flash)
- About as on-campus as you can get
- Very small, probably not enough rooms
- Probably not the best fit for FUDCon
- Public transit: Walk about 1 block south to the Kansas Union and every route that goes through campus will stop there in both directions (about 9 routes)
- SpringHill Suites
- Very close to Mass Street, full of restaurants and bars
- No airport shuttle, complimentary on-site parking
- Public transit: Walk three blocks south, take either route 10 or 11 to campus (stops in front of the engineering complex)
Academic calendar for spring 2013 not released yet, so I'm not sure when these dates are. They're relative to the first day of classes.
Ian will have a lease running during the time of this event and can therefore be in Lawrence whenever.
- First weekend before classes start
- Most students are moving back this weekend
- Buildings are not congested
- First weekend after classes start
- More students who could come, I guess?
- Buildings more congested