|Caius C. Chance|
|Home:||Brisbane, Australia (UTC+10)|
|IRC channels:||#fedora-ambassadors, #fedora-design, #fedora-mentors, #fedora-zh|
- 1 Caius 'kaio' Chance
- 1.1 Activities within Fedora (rewriting)
- 1.2 Plans for Fedora 2011
- 1.3 Professional Qualifications or Skills
- 1.4 General Qualifications or Skills
- 1.5 External links
Caius 'kaio' Chance
My name is Caius Chance (kaio). I born in Hong Kong and moved to Brisbane, Australia for high education. I settled down after my graduation and worked as software engineer. My first contact with computer was a 8086 PC with 5.25" floppy storage and monochrome CRT monitor at my cousin's place. I am a computer lover (and gamer of course) since then.
我的名字叫 Caius Chance (kaio)。我在香港出生，之後到澳大利亞布里斯本讀大學。畢業之後我選擇定居，任職軟體工程師。我第一次接觸的電腦是在我表哥家裡的一台 8086 PC，裝有 5 吋半軟碟儲存及四階黑白顯示器。我從那時候開始就是電腦愛好者（及電玩迷）。
I like doing digital paintings, learning foreign languages and playing basketball. I found DIY so attractive when I had home improvements carried out by myself. I am busy for my SOHO (Small Office/Home Office) business and my "Small Business Management" course at the moment.
我喜歡數碼繪畫，學習外國語言，打籃球等等。在自己進行家居改進的時候我發現 DIY 是多麼的吸引。現時我在忙於我的家居辦公室生意和《小企業管理》課程。
You can find me via IRC, Google Talk, email. I will be available 0200 - 1400 (UTC) and reply your email within 24 hours in most cases.
您可以經由 IRC, Google Talk, email 聯繫到我。我通常 0200 - 1400 (UTC) 會在，或 24 小時以內回覆您的電子郵件。
Activities within Fedora (rewriting)
I installed Red Hat Linux 6.1 + CLE 0.9  in 1999. Linux remained for testing or academic use until I started using Fedora as my main operating system since Fedora Core 5.
Fedora Ambassadors (and Fedora Chinese User Group)
I became a member of Fedora Ambassadors Steering Committee for 2011 , Fedora Ambassador Mentor since 2010, Fedora Ambassador since 2009. I joined Fedora Chinese in 2006. I participated in establishment of the group, organization of IRC meetings, deployment of forum and migration to official mailing list. I aim to catalyze the popularity growth of Fedora by utilization of my skills.
I had paid attention to the news from The Design Team since 2006. I like having fun with aesthetic creation. So, I promise will spend more time on art ASAP. :P
Fedora Internationalization (and Bug Zappers, Package Maintainers)
I became a developer for Fedora Internationalization since 2006 for work purpose. I participate in development of input method engines (SCIM , IBus ), fonts (Liberation Fonts, CJKUnifonts ) and translation management system (Flies ). I also maintained the packages of aforementioned projects and a few more.
I am language maintainer for Chinese (Traditional) in Fedora Localization since 2007. I have not translated many documents, though being the first contact of support for translators and those who are interested. Most of the document and software localization had been performed by people with professional skills. Hence, I mostly work on organisational information on wiki which breaks language barriers in front of new comers.
Plans for Fedora 2011
- REDIRECT User:Kaio/Plan2011
Professional Qualifications or Skills
- Red Hat Certified Engineer 紅帽認證工程師
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer 微軟認證系統工程師
- Cisco Certified Network Associate 思科網絡工程師
- Certified ScrumMaster 
- Bachelor of Information Technology 資訊科技學士
- Diploma of Information Technology 資訊科技文憑
General Qualifications or Skills
- Art and design 美術與平面設計
- English language 英文／英語
- Japanese language 日文／日本語
- Mandarin (Chinese) language 中文／漢語
- Cantonese (Chinese) language 中文／粵語
- Justice of the Peace 太平紳士
- Linux中文延伸套件計劃 - 維基百科，自由的百科全書
- SCIM - SCIM
- ibus - Project Hosting on Google Code
- freedesktop.org - Software/CJKUnifonts
- flies - Project Hosting on Google Code
- redhat.com | Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- MCSE Certification | MCSE Training | Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
- CCNA - Career Certifications & Paths - Cisco Systems
- Scrum Alliance - CSM
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Diploma of Information Technology
- My online gallary (deviantART)
- International English Language Testing System
- Japanese-Language Proficiency Test
- Standard Mandarin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Cantonese - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Justices of the Peace - Department of Justice and Attorney-General