User:Laubersm/Notes and links from FUDCON F11
Notes from FUDCON F11 in Boston January 2009 - both hackfest and barcamp session.
- See writeup of BarCamp sessions - some by presenters, some by attendees: Category:FUDConF11_BarCamp_sessions
- In the end we want only a handful of top level categories: Special:UncategorizedCategories
- wikibot - is available (pywikibot) move pages, rename pages, remove double redirects, Wikibot_page_restructuring
- wikipedia style manual for more organization tips
- Question: why cms instead of wiki?
- really it is not instead of - it is in addition to...
- wiki - quick collaboration, easily updated, frequently changing, end-users
- cms - more static content that must be in xml (docs) and transated and more restricted content like packaging and legal and logos. and lifecycle tracking - to end of life version specific content.
wiki Pagenaming/style tip
- page can only be in one namespace but can have multi categories.
- level1 headers are deprecated and bad bad bad - (page name can have spaces so name your page the level1 headers)
- first thing should not be section header so you get an intro para THEN the table of contents in intro mention that title (in bold). From mediawiki style guide.
- put category at the bottom of page
- can we find pages with a l1 header - and rename page using l1 header and remove l1 header
- look at [fonts] as how category page can have it's own content. uses templates to then list all pages within that category.