- FAS 2 as reference
- FAS 3.0 - Desktop rendering
- Move web framwork from TurboGears 1 to Pyramid
- A real endpoint API
- Better membership management/workflows
- Improved database model
- Make it more Fedora agnostic
- Bring new features
- A better administration mangement.
- A dynamic configuration management
Groups and people visibility
No need to log in anymore to review groups and people's profile.
Provide a dedicated ENDPOINT to retrive accounts' data. Access to this API requires a generated token that people can get from their profile's page.
People will be able to add an avatar to their profile (from a 3rd party service) This avatar will be available to 3rd-party which can use it in their views or more.
People would be able to write their bio and will be view-able from their profile's page. Also available from the API
Group 3rd-party binding
As we (Fedora project) has a specific way of using group (i.e providing VCS access and the like) group will provide a way to bind its ACLs to 3rd party in order to retrieve people or to give people some rights to this 3rd party if its members exist from this 3rd party.
Current target for now is:
- GitHub organization
- Admin or group's admin could bind a group to a github organization's team.
- Which, create github's team if not exist and add its members to it if its members exist on github.
- If group is VCS related, create a github's repo if not exist already and give its members commit access.
Group's owner has been renamed to "principal Administrator" as group's admin can now
pass along their group's ownership to another admin of the same group.
Account's administrator can do the same.
Account's admin will have a dashboard where they could manage account related elements
- people management
- Remove an account
- Block, disable or archive account
- groups management
- Add, edit and remove groups
- Block or archive groups
- groups' types management
- license agreement management
- Add, edit and remove Licenses
- Enable license at sign-up which flag the license signing as mandatory
- private API access management
- Generate private token for trusted applications
A new page where people can review their account's activities with datetime, events and locations.
- Allow people to connect their github account and share their public infos with Fedora services.
- Allow people to connect their twitter account and share their public infos with Fedora service.
2 factors authentication
- Gauth token
Optional 2nd auth wihch once activated, will ask people after entered a valid login+password their Gauth token to let them in.
This one will not be added as a 2nd auth but as a combo with the login and password (i.e login+password+otp) (as discussed last flock).
Change SQL backend to LDAP's for groups and people management.
- Demo instance:
- URL: http://188.8.131.52:6543/ (poke me on IRC #fedora-apps if page is blanc)
- login: jbezorg
- pass: jbezorg
- Features (Not up-to-date)
- RESTful API:
- Public access: Done
- Private access: Done for login request. Need to complete permission request.
- RESTful API:
- Desktop rendering
- Mobile rendering