|Lubomir Rintel (Was: Kundrak)|
|Birthday:||December 3rd 1986|
|Home:||Brno, Czech Republic|
|IRC:||lubko/lisca on Freenode in|
Activities within Fedora
- I work mostly on maintenance of my packages, as well as annoying other maintainers with committing subtle fixes to their packages without asking first.
- I sponsor packagers.
- This means that I can grant CVS write access for your account if you want to maintain packages and can prove that you know how to do that.
- If you are learning how to become a packager and need help or advice, feel free to ask
- If you intent to comaintain any of packages that I maintain, you're (almost always) welcome. Feel free to drop me a mail!
- You'll probably see me maintain a lot of Java packages. I have a special interest in getting interesting pieces of Free Software into Fedora; this would have happened a lot earlier if JVM was opened earlier
- Fedora Astronomy
- I wish for RHEL+EPEL to be a solid alternative to Ubuntu and SLED as a enterprise-level desktop (...I would not be ashamed to install on non-techie's machine)
- I work for GoodData (), a Software-as-a-service Business Inteligence provider (SAAS BI)
- Though our product code is not available, I care about well-doing of our platform, which happens to be built on free software thus contribute to it. Having a state-of-art foundation to stand on makes it so much more fun! :)
- Our Java bindings are BSD-licensed, we care about it being usable on Fedora out of box
- Strongly care about EPEL
- Since recently we're diving into node.js
Note on naming
If you wonder why donesn't my real name correspond with the Fedora account name, I changed it after I got married. Would you resist such name? (Note: -Rintel specifies Intel assembly syntax for FPC)