|IRC:||nickth on irc.freenode.net|
|Fedora Badges earned (34)|
My name is N1ck 7h0m4d4k15 and I live in Greece/Athens I'm involved in Linux since 2010, participating at various projects trying to keep my contribution in Open Source, significant and sustained.
Discovering the "real" Fedora
- I discovered the real Fedora almost recently. I knew about the distribution and the community, but until recently it was running on a virtual machine only. Since version 20 (and from the day one it was released), I have installed it on a mechanical hard drive that I have, mostly because I wanted to see the behavior of the system on a real hardware (and not on a virtual). As I was seeing, learning and discovering the "real" Fedora, what impressed me more, was the speed and stability (as opposed on what I've heard or read about!).
- Last but not least, what also impressed me was, I can say rigorous, principles about the Open Source software and content. The four foundations was the first page I did read, on wiki.
Activities within Fedora
- Currently participating in Ask Fedora helping users solving various problems, both on English and Greek sections.
- I'm also a Forum moderator helping this community project to function as well as possible.
Blogging about Fedora
- I have set up a blog dedicated to Fedora, in the site/area that was offered to me for free by the Fedora Project. The articles are written in Greek language and only the titles and a brief summary is written in English. The blog can be found here.
- Participating on various social media, talking about Fedora with other folks and calling new members to join. Mostly on Google Plus Community.
- Making some Videos about Fedora. Tutorials mostly. All of the videos are in Greek language (sorry English listeners) and you can track them at my Youtube channel, also at Internet Archive.
- Participating testing various packages, before they pushed on stable repository. Thereby, I'm becoming a part of the Fedora testers and Quality Assurance group. You will find my comments and karma points at Fedora's testing system.
- Translating various Wiki pages, the ones I consider most important. You can see all of my work on Wiki, by visiting this page.
Contribution commitment is a very difficult matter, when it comes to devote your time. In the past I have devoted much time contributing at various FLOSS projects/distributions (Ubuntu, Arch Linux...etc) and I continue on some of them.
Usually, I'm picking what I want to work on and I dedicate my time there.
You can find me on irc.freenode.net as NickTh, usually on channels: #fedora, and #fedora-el (if I'm marked as being away, don't hesitate to ping me).
You have a dollar.
I have a dollar.
Now you have my dollar.
We are no better off.
• • •
You have an idea.
I have an idea.
Now you have two ideas.
And I have two ideas.
• • •
That’s the difference.