Change Proposal Name
Autoconf 2.69 -> 2.71 upgrade
Upgrading autoconf from version 2.69 to the last upstream version 2.71.
- Name: Ondrej Dubaj
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Targeted release: f35 or f36
- Last updated: 2021-02-05
- FESCo issue: <will be assigned by the Wrangler>
- Tracker bug: <will be assigned by the Wrangler>
- Release notes tracker: <will be assigned by the Wrangler>
Upgrading autoconf from version 2.69 to version 2.71 according to new upstream release. Version 2.70 is skipped due to multiple ABI incompatibilities, where some of them were fixed in version 2.71. Years of development differ these two releases, so problems are expected.
Benefit to Fedora
Brings a stable and up-to-date version of autoconf according to upsteam release. It is expected, that in the future many upstream development teams will use autoconf-2.71 as their default builder, so we should be prepared for such a step.
- Proposal owners:
- Other developers:
- Release engineering: #Releng issue number
- Policies and guidelines: N/A (not needed for this Change)
- Trademark approval: N/A (not needed for this Change)
- Alignment with Objectives:
Affects hundreds of packages.
How To Test
Rebuilding your packages with autoconf-2.71 dependency. For testing, copr can be used https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/odubaj/autoconf-2.70/packages/
- Contingency mechanism: (What to do? Who will do it?) N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Contingency deadline: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Blocks release? N/A (not a System Wide Change), Yes/No
N/A (not a System Wide Change)