|Paul W. Frields|
|IRC channels:||#fedora-docs, #fedora-mktg, #fedora-admin, #fedora-advisory-board, #fedora-ambassadors, #fredlug (and others)|
I work for Red Hat as an engineering operations manager. I joined the company in February 2008 and until July 2010, I served as the Fedora Project Leader and chairman of the Fedora Project Board. I also dabble in the following bits:
- The Documentation team, as a writer, editor, and part-time balladeer
- Maintainer of fedora-release-notes and a few other useful packages
- Help with the Marketing team
- Merciless and sometimes foolhardy wiki gardening
I help drive the Fredericksburg (VA) Linux Users Group (FredLUG), which meets twice monthly in my hometown.
I was a founding member of the Fedora Project Board, and served the community there from April 2006 to July 2007.
In the past, I've also worked on these (now obsolete) documents:
- Installation Guides for FC4, FC5
- SELinux FAQ for FC5
- Yum Software Management for FC3, FC4
I maintain or co-maintain the following packages in the Fedora package collection:
-- GNOME application for editing/maintaining blogs
-- Release Notes for Fedora
-- Recover files by "carving" them from a raw disk
-- Nautilus extension for an open terminal shortcut
-- A Nautilus extension that makes searching for files easier
-- Nautilus context menu for sending files
-- Python library for manipulating OpenDocument files
-- Open Phone Abstraction Library
-- Utilities to read and manipulate patches and CVS
-- A lightweight API for Picasa in PHP
-- PHP wrapper for the SmugMug API
-- Turnbased board strategy game (colonize an island)
-- MediaWiki conversion library for Python
-- Tree to tree correction between XML documents
-- Command Line XML Toolkit
-- Zikula is a free open source Web Application Framework
-- Manages news articles on your Zikula site
I no longer maintain the following Extras packages:
These are deprecated because of changes over time to Fedora. Currently these still appear in CVS, but may eventually become wistful memories.
- USB-Hotplug Tutorial
- Mirror Tutorial for FC2
- Web Publishing to docs.fedoraproject.org -- This subject is now covered in the Documentation Guide.
Name: Paul W. Frields
Location: Fredericksburg, VA - USA
Profession: Engineering Project Manager
Company: Red Hat, Inc.
As a Contributor
- Help develop a content management system to serve the needs of multiple teams such as the Marketing and Design teams.
- Provide the odd low-maintenance package such as non-critical add-ons, where my programming skill (or lack thereof) is not a limiting factor.
- Strive to provide a good example of dealing with other people in a constructive, friendly way at all times.
HIGH: bash, GNU make, DocBook XML, RHCE (RHL 7.1, RHEL 3 & 5), communication skills (writing, teaching, public speaking)
MEDIUM/LOW: XML/XSL/XSLT, Python, Perl, C/C++
pub 1024D/BD113717 1997-09-19 Key fingerprint = 3DA6 A0AC 6D58 FEC4 0233 5906 ACDB C937 BD11 3717 sub 4096g/46D87F1F 1997-09-19