|Paul W. Frields|
|IRC channels:||#fedora-docs, #fedora-mktg, #fedora-admin, #fedora-advisory-board, #fedora-ambassadors, #fredlug (and others)|
I work for Red Hat as an engineering operations manager. I joined the company in February 2008 and until July 2010, I served as the Fedora Project Leader and chairman of the Fedora Project Board. Nowadays in what little spare time I have, I dabble in the following bits:
- Help with the Insight project
- Merciless and sometimes foolhardy wiki gardening
- Give bits of advice and help to the FPL as a member of the "ex-FPL club"
- Work on my own PulseCaster project (it's available in Fedora of course!)
I participate in the Fredericksburg (VA) Linux Users Group (FredLUG), which meets twice monthly in my hometown.
I was a founding member of the Fedora Project Board, and served the community there from April 2006 to July 2007.
In the past, I've also worked on these (now obsolete) documents:
- Installation Guides for FC4, FC5
- SELinux FAQ for FC5
- Yum Software Management for FC3, FC4
I no longer maintain the following packages:
These are deprecated because of changes over time to Fedora. Currently these still appear in CVS, but may eventually become wistful memories.
- USB-Hotplug Tutorial
- Mirror Tutorial for FC2
- Web Publishing to docs.fedoraproject.org -- This subject is now covered in the Documentation Guide.
Name: Paul W. Frields
Location: Fredericksburg, VA - USA
Profession: Engineering Project Manager
Company: Red Hat, Inc.
As a Contributor
- Help develop a content management system to serve the needs of multiple teams such as the Marketing and Design teams.
- Provide the odd low-maintenance package such as non-critical add-ons, where my programming skill (or lack thereof) is not a limiting factor.
- Strive to provide a good example of dealing with other people in a constructive, friendly way at all times.
HIGH: bash, GNU make, DocBook XML, RHCE (RHL 7.1, RHEL 3 & 5), communication skills (writing, teaching, public speaking)
MEDIUM/LOW: XML/XSL/XSLT, Python, C/C++, GTK/GObject
pub 1024D/BD113717 1997-09-19 Key fingerprint = 3DA6 A0AC 6D58 FEC4 0233 5906 ACDB C937 BD11 3717 sub 4096g/46D87F1F 1997-09-19