- What is Fedora?:
Fedora is a Linux based operating system that provides users with access to the latest free and open source software, in a stable, secure and easy to manage form. Fedora is the largest of many free software creations of the Fedora Project, a partnership of free software community members from around the globe. Because of its predominance, the word "Fedora" is often used interchangeably to mean both the Fedora Project and the Fedora operating system.More details
- Who Uses Fedora?:
Linus Torvalds, the creator and primary maintainer of Linux does NASA systems Roadrunner, the number one Supercomputer in the world Evo Smart Console gaming console Over a hundred Derived distributions including Red Hat Enterprise Linux and OLPC Even some robots do Millions of other users More details
- Name: Rashadul Islam
- University: Concordia University, Montreal, Canada.
- Field of Study: BSc in Computer Science, Specialization in Software
- Specialization: Technical Writing, Software development, Canadian Engineering rules and regulations, Artificial Intelligence, Reading
Fedora Events in Canada
- April 29, 2008 : Fedora 9 Release Event at Concordia and McGill University
- Email: rashadulATfedoraprojectDOTorg
- irc.freenode.net: : rislam @#fedora-ambassadors,#fedora-meeting,#fedora-mktg,#fedora-docs
- GPG key: 0x5557BFAC
- FAS Name: rashadul
Contribution within Fedora
- Fedora Ambassador, Montreal, Canada
- Fedora Marketing
- Regional Ambassador, Fedora Ambassadors of Canada
- Fedora Documentation
- To organize Fedora Events in Montreal/Canada
- Distribute Fedora DVD upon request
- Public voice on behalf of Fedora Community
Plans with Fedora
- Organize a Conference for Fedora and related issue upon suggestion in Montreal.
- Make Fedora and its community Familiar with Mcgill, Concordia and Montreal Communities.
- Distribution of Fedora
- To promote Fedora community and Open Source projects.
- To work as a logistics in Fedora Development