NOTE: This is all implemented for you already, if you install
0.2 switch pulseaudio start from xdg/autostart to X11/xinitd.d
0.3 mention using /etc/kde/env or ~/.kde/env for pa startup too
0.4 X11/xinit.d -> X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/ 0.5 implemented via kde-settings-pulseaudio pkg
- Prereq pkgs
yum install alsa-plugins-pulseaudio pulseaudio pulseaudio-module-x11 pulseaudio-utils
This should make pulseaudio intercept all calls from alsa-using apps (including kde's arts). See also 
- autostart pulseaudio on session start
Drop File:RexDieter PulseAudioKDE pulseaudio.sh into one of several possible locations:
- /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/ (for all X sessions)
- /etc/kde/env/ (all users, kde only)
- ~/.kde/env (single user, kde only)
Hopefully, we can get this (or something like it) accepted as the de-facto method of getting pulseaudio started for desktop sessions.
- (optional) make pulseaudio-module-xsmp start after kde session manager is started/ready:
Modify /etc/xdg/autostart/pulseaudio-module-xsmp.desktop to include:
NOTE: this still doesn't seem to work right, this module doesn't seem to get loaded for me.