|IRC:||irejaul on Freenode in|
- Full name: Rejaul Islam
- A Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) graduate, major in Finance, Stamford University Bangladesh. Professionally enthusiastic, quick learner, well resourced, friendly, creative, flexible, loyal at the job, smooth in communication, strong personality, and organized.
Finance: My major area of expertise through academic courses, and projects.
Administration/HR: Paper based official procedures and maintenance, Monitoring and reporting.
Marketing: IT Marketing, Media liaison, Open source marketing strategy and skill.
Operating System: Microsoft OS/NT, Fedora/Linux.
Business Writing: Proposal, Report, Memorandum.
Communication: Email, E-system, Phone and Internet.
Research: Audit report, or Research through Internet.
Public Relation: Able to represent with my personal techniques and skill.
- What is Fedora?:
Fedora is a Linux based operating system that provides users with access to the latest free and open source software, in a stable, secure and easy to manage form. Fedora is the largest of many free software creations of the Fedora Project, a partnership of free software community members from around the globe. Because of its predominance, the word "Fedora" is often used interchangeably to mean both the Fedora Project and the Fedora operating system.more details
- Who Uses Fedora?:
Fedora uses by:
> Linus Torvalds, the creator and primary maintainer of Linux does
> NASA systems
> Roadrunner, the number one Supercomputer in the world
> Evo Smart Console gaming console
> Over a hundred Derived distributions including Red Hat Enterprise Linux and OLPC
> Even some robots do
The Fedora Project's mission is to lead the advancement of free and open source software and content as a collaborative community.
The Fedora Marketing Team develops and executes marketing strategies to promote the usage and support of Fedora worldwide. Through the development of processes and content, this project aims to support the efforts of other Fedora projects to spread Fedora and to provide a central repository of ideas and information that can be used to deliver Fedora to new audiences. We work closely with the Fedora Ambassadors who spread the word about Fedora at events and allow the Fedora Project to interact directly with its existing and prospective users.
Elements of Fedora's Mission
The three elements of this mission are clear:
- The Fedora Project always strives to lead, not follow.
- The Fedora Project consistently seeks to create, improve, and spread free/libre code and content.
- The Fedora Project succeeds through shared action on the part of many people throughout our community.
Fedora Events in Bangladesh
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Bangladesh During this event we are arranging a Fedora Bangladesh get together, an informal Fedora Activity Day (FAD) on 13th February. All Fedora ambassadors, users, enthusiasts are invited to join at this event. FAD at BASIS SoftExpo 2010, Date: Sat, 13-Feb-2010, Location: Bangabandhu International Conference Center
3:00 pm - Introduction [know who is who] 3:30 pm - Short overview of Fedora Project 4:00 pm - Discussion on advancing the Fedora Bangladesh community 5:00 pm - Fedora SWAG distribution; T-shirts, DVD etc.
- Email: rejaulATfedoraprojectDOTorg
- irc.freenode.net: irejaul @#fedora-ambassadors,#fedora-meeting,#fedora-mktg
- GPG key: 0xE5E251F4
- FAS Name: rejaul
- Language: Bangla , English
Activities within Fedora
Plans with Fedora
- Fedora Marketing
- Fedora Events
- To promote Fedora community and Open Source project