Robert M. Albrecht
- Email: romal AT fedoraproject DOT org
- IRC: romal at freenode, when online you can find me on #fedora channels
- Jabber: romal AT jabber DOT fsfe DOT org
- GPG key: 0x7994DAC0
- SIP: romal AT ekiga DOT net
- Fedora username: romal
- Location:: Near Bremen, Northern Germany
- Homepage: http://www.romal.de
- Blog: http://blog.romal.de
Activities within Fedora
- My first contact with Linux was a an ill fated try to compile the newly announced Linux-kernel on my Minix system. It could not get it compiled, so I dumped it. Some months later, after finding the SLS, I installed my first Linux system and has been a constant user since. I used SLS, Slackware, SuSE and DLD. Finally I switched to Redhat 4.x as Redhat was the only distro shipping the required libs for running an SMP enabled kernel. I stayed with Redhat since then.
- We use various members of the Redhat family in our company.
- I worked as an instructor for Redhat system administration for some years and published a number of articles and books on operating-systems including Linux.
- I attended Cebit 2006 for CaCert and Cebit 2008 for KDE / Fedora
- I attended the Fedora Ambassador Day and LinuxTag 2007 & 2008 in Berlin. Most time I was occupied by explaining the OLPC to visitors.
- 2007-04-20: We helped "The Greens" (large German party) to do an Open
Source and Linux event for kids and schools: http://www.gruene-neustadt.de/index.php/Tux_Kinderfest_2007
- I'm a founding member of CCC Bremen (http://www.ccchb.de)
- I try to test Rawhide on my 32 and 64 Bit systems.
- Responsible for Froscon 2008 & Cebit 2009
- Nagios plugins
- some Nagios addons
- german man pages