From Fedora Project Wiki
This test case ensures the VirtualBox work well.
- Prepare a machine with the latest stable release (Fedora 38) installed
- Install VirtualBox from third-party repo
How to test
- Create a virtual machine of Fedora 28/29 and boot the current development release or latest stable release in it (use
boot.iso, PXE or
DVD.isoof Fedora 39). This can be accomplished by selecting
Newand making sensible choices.
createto boot the guest from the provided ISO disc which can be added under the Storage section of the VM which is being created.
- Proceed with normal installation.
- Login to
left-ctrl + 'L'to enter seamless mode
- The installer successfully boots from the ISO image
- The installer is able to activate and use the virtual network device(s)
- The installer is able to activate and use the virtual storage device(s)
- The install completes successfully
- The system reboots successfully, recognizing filesystems created on the virt device(s)
- The seamless mode will allow users to surf between the opened windows