This test case ensures that disk drive(s) are properly unmounted during a power-down or a restart.
- Install the pre-released version of Fedora to be tested. If you are installing from a LiveOS, perform the steps below with the LiveOS before doing the install. After this go ahead with the install. Then perform the steps below when the system is running from the hard drive.
- Reboot the system to the hard drive after the install.
How to test
- On the running system, Switch to a free virtual console using Ctrl+Alt+F<n> shortcut and log in.
At the command prompt, issue the following command: journalctl -b | grep -E "dirty bit|data may be corrupt|recovery|unmounted|recovering"There should not be any output.
- If there has been output from the grep command, issue the following command
journalctl -b -l > journal.logPlease file a bug report and attach the journal.log file to the bug report.
- Restart the test system using the command
rebooton the virtual console.
- Repeat steps 1 and 3 above.
- The greps should not produce any output.