We want to have products be able to specify divergent and conflicting behaviour.
(at least sgallagh and abadger1999 :-)
- install time -- we want the product you're installing to determine which configuration you get.
- installing a package on an existing system -- if it has separate config, we'd like the package manager to choose the configuration for the product you're using.
- Want to have a single tool that can switch default configs per-package. Which things you can switch may depend on what combinations we support and how the user has selected which Products are "active" on their system.
- Product conversion/union: Installed Cloud or Server but want a graphical environment. Preference is to make that be Workstation. (We want it to be as close to Workstation as possible, to benefit from existing testing)
- recommendation implementation: the defaults should not change for anything that was part of the installed Product, but new packages should get the Workstation default