I deliver lectures on Computer Aided Design & Drafting (CADD) and Computer Applications in Architecture at the Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Nigeria (ESUT). Apart from exploring the world of Building Information Modelling (BIM), I like to practice BASIC, C++, LISP, HTML, and CSS scripting/programming when I have spare time. These days, I do simple automation via Python scripting for Design Applications that support it.
My first experience with Linux was in 2006. The Distribution was Ubuntu (Dapper Drake). In 2008, I decided to take the Linux OS seriously when I discovered that it hosts some professional Software for Architectural Visualization and Design. The Distributions supported by vendors of such Applications were mostly Redhat Enterprise Linux, SUSE and Fedora. Fedora became my OS of choice by natural selection.
- Fedora Account: twohot
- PGP: 9FF763F7
- E-mail: twohotis AT gmail DOT com
- Mobile: +234-8088800055
- Languages: English, Igbo, Pidgin-English
- Nationality: Nigerian
- Time Zone: UTC +01:00
Activities within Fedora
- Ambassadors: Member of Fedora Ambassadors-Africa
- Design-Team: Worked on DIY Media Jacket for the Community 2009. Redesigned FreeMedia Mailer for Freemedia Group in January 2011. Produced initial Release Poster design for Fedora Lovelock (15) which was finalized by Luya Tshimbalanga
- Fedora Sound SIG: Presently Creating a Sound Theme called 'vocal'. The theme is still in early stages of development. Users are welcome to test it out and provide suggestions for improvement. In the meantime, I am creating those samples with a CAD U7 Condenser microphone in a relatively noisy environment. I hope to record the samples in a professional studio after enough critiques from the Fedora Community. Enjoy some variation!
- FreeMedia: Sent Seventeen(17nos.) i386 DVDs and One(1nos.) x86_64 DVD so far, on record (and many others, off-record)
- My Blog
- Two-hot is the word-for-word translation of my name to English. So, its not just a 'guy' name ... its my name.
- I go by t2hot or twohot at Freenode (irc.freenode.net) and other IRC servers where open-source projects flock. My favourite channels are #fedora-qa, #fedora-sound, #freecad, and #blender. The best place to discuss improvements on my Vocal theme (mentioned above) is on #fedora-sound.
- I also hang around ##floss4arch channel at Freenode where I discuss or hold online classes to promote the use of Open-Source software in Architectural design and collaborative processes.
- I am a member of the Nigerian Institute of Architects (G98)