Neville A. Cross
I am Admnistrative Manager at [Hotel Mansion Teodolinda] at Managua city, capital of Nicaragua. I have a business degree, so I am not a deep knowledgeable computer person. I am a Amateur Radio since 1993, and a enthusiast on packet radio.
My very first attempts with linux were with Red Hat around 1999, I had several hardware problems and leave it for some years. I took a book of FC4 bible in 2006 and have been using Fedora as my main OS ever since.
There is no much Linux formal training opportunities at Nicaragua, so I took a short course in Linux Server Administration based on openSUSE. This help me a lot to fill in where my empiric learning have left voids.
- Location: Managua, Nicaragua. 1206.29 N / 08615.91 W
- Time Zone: UTC +06:00
- Languages: Spanish (first language), English (as second language), Portuguese (just a bit).
- Nacionality: Nicaraguan
- Call Sing:YN1V (for Amateur Radio)
- Blog: http://neville.siqueres.com (Spanish)
- Website: http://www.geocities.com/displicente (Spanish)
- E-mail: nacross (at) gmail (dot) com
- IRC: yn1v (usually #fedora-ni at freenode when time allows it)
- Fedora Account: yn1v
Projects as an Ambassador
I maintain a blog regarding Paket Radio and Linux called [Linux & AX.25] This blog is write in Spanish and centres in my experience configuring AX.25 networking using linux.
I have joined the local Linux community on march 2008. This is GUL-NIC (Grupo de usuarios Linux de Nicaragua). I started with [FLISOL 2008] and have been participating in almost every FOSS event over this year. I also have been part of the Fedora-ni group.