|Zoltan (LittleBear) Hoppar|
|Home:||Szigethy A. str. 62., H-9023 Győr, Hungary|
|IRC:||zoltanh7211 on Freenode in|
|#fedora #fedora-ambassadors #fedora-medical|
| Badges (
Failed to decode JSON.)
My name is Zoltan Hoppar from Hungary, 32 years old. I live in Győr. I'm one of the founders of the hungarian PCLOS community, an small HULUG (PCLinuxOS Hungary - were 5 years online, RIP now), and the first common open linux forum for aiding beginner hungarian linux users the Linux Empire. This is as an integrated info center, around linux, and OSS theme. The site general in content, and applies also the old presentations/meetings experiences (with Debian, Gentoo, PCLOS) what the team has made in schools a few years ago in some city. (Debrecen, Pápa, a.s.o). Currently this small HULUG tries to create the first yet non-existing Fedora community page, partially led by myself.
I've got interested on linux after fed up with many troubles of MS Windows, and needed an easy, stable, nearly fast learnable OS. Basically looked just for hassle free localization platform, an complete translation system what is locally usable without huge risk of data loss for MS Windows programs. But later decided, (it was much better experience) that I will keep one or two of my favourite distributions, without dualbooting Windows. I saw that in free world much needed to have a translator, and give people aid about/around linux. So, the journey has so begun... Dropped the hassle and MS Windows.
In the beginning it was only PCLOS 2007 (PCLOS were at that time an english only distro, witch made me very happy to be the first HU translator there). But after committing delays, and other community leading problems - after 2 years -, this has been changed to Fedora, at first time to Fedora 8. (For a short time, when getting acquainted was Fedora 7 too). After that, I have used as primary system only Fedora (9, 10, 11, 12, 13) - because of much better filled, and fills currently my dream. What dream? To have an fully international/localized, innovative, easy-to-use desktop distribution anyone who needs...without restriction on any platform.
Mostly I did, and do localization (l10n) work, EN-Hu, DE-Hu translations in many linux distributions, applications, projects, websites (Unity, Austrumi , Ubuntu, Gnome, KDE, Nathive , Browsershots , Findicons  and many more...). I love several translation platforms, but my favourite is Transifex. Translation is my passion since very-very long time - because of who couldn't speak, but want to be creative - this problem must not block, or keep anyone away. This is why I'm wanted to be an contributor in Fedora. Lately, I have noticed that we need an representative for Hungary, who makes presentations, or aids people and shows, to get better picture around Fedora, and around other FOSS softwares - so I have applied to be an Fedora Ambassador.
Currently I'm working for Nokia, but in my free time just linux, support chats, meetings, presentations, translations, friends, movies and girls, and anything what life could give. No exceptions. :)
- MSN: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Skype: zoltanh721
- GPG key: 06853DF7
- Mobile Phone: Ask, if you need
- Morse Code :) : ... .- ...- . -- . --.. --- .-.. - .- -.
- Häxor name: z0lt4ñH
- Snailmail: same as on the right
Activities within Fedora
- I'm a l10n translator. I mainly decided to become one because there are lot of open source software outside wich has worth it to be localised. I think all of it must be in Fedora, and should be reachable for anyone, with understandable language easily for who looks for it.
- If you find some program that you'd like to see translated for Fedora shoot me an e-mail and I'll see what I can do.
- I have also applied to be an Hungarian Fedora Ambassador, an representative of Fedora - because of not much big computer shows offering knowledge for people, and possible new customers/users/contributors.
This is my second dream, as far as I know the old big trade/meeting shows like Compfair/Info shows has disappeared at least a decade ago. Well, If you need some info about Fedora, want to contribute or just want to have an good contact, need a free disc, want to know more of my talks, meetings - drop me a mail, or call me. I'm open to every idea.
- Fedora Electronic Lab group
- Fedora Medical group
- I have begun an research to release and create better, and cheap marketing/merchandising tools for our contributors, and our fedora booths. For that I try to get contacted with artists, and get cheaper tools to Fedora gain more attention. For secondary target I try to expand our art design team with contributors.
Fedora HULUG community site
- I have made efforts to create our very first hungarian community page, where we try to pull every Fedora user around it. I hope we receive a huge help from users, by users, for users. We would like to have an "staging" landing page (it pulls/links a lot stuff from/to the mother site) - where we mostly just gathering the growing hungarian community, and try to ease the begin steps to our fedorian world.
We hope also that we could gather more contributors, and we think the official hu.fedoracommunity.org opens a door that never existed earlier. We purchased storage, begun to build the basics of the site. The baby stage is currently not reachable - we need to fill up with content. Temporary wordpress site is http://www.fedorausers-hungary.info.
Events so far:
- FSF Conference at Budapest, University of Technology and Economy (BME) - 2009. oct. as ambassador, booth supporter
- FAD 'Fedora Cafe' at Győr - 2009. nov. 20. - Plaza Győr - as speaker
- FOSDEM at Brussel - 2010. febr. ULB Solbush Campus as visitor, booth supporter
- Linuxwochen, Wien - 2010. may. - Altes Rathaus as ambassador, booth supporter
- FUDCon, Zurich ETH - 2010. sept. 16-20 as ambassador, booth supporter, swag creator
- Linux Free Software Conference (OSOL - IT Center), Szeged - 2010. okt. 8. as ambassador, booth supporter, speaker
- FOSDEM at Brussel - 2011. febr. ULB Solbush Campus as ambassador, booth supporter
- Linuxwochen, Wien - 2011. may. 5-6- Altes Rathaus
- Linux Free Software Conference (OSOL - IT Center), Szeged - 2010. okt.