My Name is Dr. Gordon Dunlop and my Ph.D. is in Environmental Physiology/Genetics. My thesis is entitled "Linking Germination Traits of Oilseed Rape (Brassica napus L.) to DNA Markers". So I am an academic and scientist. I have also a MSc. Information Technology where my master's dissertation was "Evaluating the Performance and Potential of Para- and Paene- Virtualisation Technologies in a Linux Beowulf Cluster".
I have been a Unix/Linux user for many years, still learning and trying to put back into the community at large. I use Fedora through personal choice as I believe it is the cutting edge of Linux distros and I feel comfortable with it.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- LUG-Email: email@example.com
- Fedora Account: Zubenel
- I am the Administrator or LUGMaster of Dundee & Tayside Linux User Group:
http://dundeelug.org.uk Our mailing list is at: https://mailman.lug.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/dundee
- We meet at The University of Abertay Dundee fortnightly as the Abertay Linux Society. website:http://www.thelinuxsociety.org.uk/
We try to promote at the University about Linux and free and open source software. We had a very successfull Software Freedom Day: http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,1000000567,10009347o-2000469549b,00.htm The Itinery is here:http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/teams/europe/uk/abertay-dundee . We are trying our best.
- To promote Free and Open Software within Tayside, Scotland and the United Kingdom and to be adopted within the educational infrastructure - http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/nonMSschools/sign .
- To promote Fedora/CentOS/Scientific Linux/Redhat as a Desktop/Server/Enterprise solution to proprietary software.
- To cultivate and promote the Linux Infrastructure within my country of Scotland.