VDay Hungary 2012
|Line 72:||Line 72:|
Tickets: Trac Emea
Tickets: Trac Emea
* No. 190. - ACCEPTED, Awaiting for
* No. 190. - ACCEPTED, Awaiting for , and .
== Report ==
== Report ==
Latest revision as of 18:16, 5 December 2012
 Fedora Events: VDay Hungary 2012, Budapest, Hungary
The Virtualisation Day Hungary are an Event with a broad Scope at Users, Beginners, Developers, Administrators, Companies. It features usually some talks mostly in hungarian, presentations, and makes possibility to system administrators to build contacts, learn, share new developments around virtualisation.
 When and Where
- 23. Nov. 2012 - Friday
- Event timing has been cleared fully: Gates are opening approx at 7:30 AM.
- Registration desk is opening from 8:00 AM. (Ask help from hostess girls)
- Opening first talk at 9:00 AM
- Lunch time at 12:00-13:00 (next talk is at 13:15 PM)
- Closing event possibly at 17:00.
- The event place is:
Lurdy House, 1097 Budapest, Könyves Kálmán körút 12-14.
Lurdy House is huge shopping and conference center, if you arrive - search an elevator, and come up to the first floor. You have to look an huge lobby, and EVENT coffee bar. Around the bar are the conference rooms, and Vday has No. 4. You can't miss it, above the doors you can find the numbering. Hostess girls are gladly help you.
- Maps are coming here FIXME
- Parking is possible around the venue for free
 Booth Personal
- Zoltan Hoppar (zoltanh721) - event owner
- Gergely Rakosi (rgeri77)
- Red Hat staff from Brno will arrive, their booth should be next to our Fedora one. Hiring desk will be available.
What we will get/will have:
- 2x2 meter tables (longer available, or we get one more)
- 2 chairs (if we need more we could have it)
- Wireless internet access and electricity
- Fully equipped talk room (Micro-port, projector, and so on)
- Catering: Not included, but there is available to purchase anything in more than 3 level of shops.
 Available event Swag / Tools / Equipment
- F17 multiboot discs (at least 100, but can be more - what we left we will take to the event) (Gergely)
- Some cheatcubes as decorations (Zoltan)
- XO laptop (Zoltan)
- Paper posters 4F for decoration (they are not really in the best shape, maybe we need better one) (Zoltan)
- 4F Rollup (Gergely)
- Laptops with monitor for demonstrations at booth (Gergely)
- Table cloth given by the conference venue, rollup banner
- We need some virtualisation stickers, and fedora ones
- We have some swag from Fudcon Paris, so we have pins, lanyards, and such
- Direct one RH slot - Attila Lajko - Possibilities and features within the new RHEV 3 (hungarian talk)
- More about talks, and event schedule (in HU): Event schedule
- Android application: Live shedule
- EVENT WERE SHEDULED, PREPARED AND FINISHED SUCCESSFULLY.
- Tickets: Done, accepted at 21. nov. 2012. Ambassador meeting.
Tickets: Trac Emea
- No. 190. - ACCEPTED, Awaiting for report (with pictures) are done, and yet one bill still missing (snailmail problems).
- That day was an long day, as we have arrived earlier than the event room has opened - 4 guys from the HU team, were ready to launch/prepare the event room with the Lurdy team. It was necessary, because the Lurdy is also an huge shopping mall, and we didn't know for surely witch room will be ours. Luckily the first scheduled room wasn't ready for us, but few moments later we have received the new one, thanks to the Lurdy local organizing team. Just before the opening we set up the fedora booth, and we prepared also the desks (after request we had to do an hiring request too.), and the beautiful hostess girls are helped a lot around the guests.
- I was really happy and glad that we had the opportunity to meet with Jiri Folta, and other "just-on-a-forum-seen-oh-I-remember-you" guys, like other HU engineers, where we talked a lot about possible jobs, and opportunities within RH. I think the hiring desk were successful, as I have seen, there was moderately lot of people to get informations about jobs.
- The visitors were able to receive changes about Fedora 18, and available apps - improvements and quick talks about/around Fedora, mostly in sysadmin theme, and introductions of course virtualisation apps like Spice, Eucalyptus, Pulp, some others are asked Cobbler usage, and other fine tools within Fedora. Again others were interested in virtualisation and Katello, and DNF package manager - so I had not to much time between in talk short pauses.
- We has received talks about the RHEV, (for me it was) quite suprising Qubes OS - you should check it out at Qubes-OS, but that wasn't all.
- At lunch we went with the RH guys, and talked about the life at RH office, and Jiri project around RHM apps, and after return we went back and I give some feedback that might help to Jiri. It's very surprising that also between CRM, and other management softwares - the FOSS HRMS and HRIS systems are also uprising, and quite a good amount can be found. as surprise I have met an debian contributor, who wanted to join as packager, and I have set on the road, so after few explanation - he is also working with us too. Later we have asked the supporting companies to give away some trophies for the event closing game, where we gambled for business cards between the registering participants the swags. We have closed the day around 17:00 PM, and we agreed that we need lot more such events.