Viji V Nair
|Viji V Nair|
|IRC:||viji on Freenode in|
|#fedora, #fedora-india, #fedora-mktg, #fedora-devel, #fedora-ambassadors|
| Badges (
Failed to decode JSON.)
Failed to decode JSON.
- A Highly passionate FOSS evangelist with 9+ years of experience in designing, implementing and managing Linux and Open Source Solutions.
- Red Hat / Fedora community engineer.
- A long-term contributor of multiple Linux projects. Extensively worked on WEB 2.0 and next generation WEB 3.0 technologies and standards.
- Hands on experience on development efforts involving C, C++, JAVA, PHP, Python, Pearl, Ruby, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL etc. Managed vendor relations, Budget, Back-end Architecture, Infrastructure Consolidation and Cloud Computing Environment for Data Centers.
- Specialized in Linux Network Services, Authentication, Performance, Security and Distributed/Parallel Computing
Activities and Ideas
- Currently Working in Reliance BIG Entertainment Pvt Ltd India, as Technical/Engineering specialist. Managing a geo-spatial local search platform which supposed to be India's largest local search.
- Working as a consultant to other group companies, promoting Linux across the organization
- Providing assistance to migrate the existing propitiatory applications to Linux and build an echo system on open source
- Providing lectures and campaigns on Linux/FOSS in colleges/schools to make the students aware about the power of open source and its adoption in the Industry.
- Upgrading zimbra 4.5.3 32bit to zimbra 5.0.13 64bit.
- Setting Up MogileFS
- FreeIPA step by step
- Building a fedora kernel with reiser4 support
Please check the link to see the packages I maintain for fedora
- Fedora Geo Spin
This spin is currently under development, now working on packaging and adding more GIS applications to the repo. Target release is Fedora 15. Check the link for more details.
Other FOSS Stuffs
Apart from Fedora I am involved in other FOSS activities also, those are not directly related to fedora, you can find more details on my personal page below.