- 1 Xfce Spin
- 1.1 Summary
- 1.2 Owner(s)
- 1.3 Detailed Description
- 1.4 Benefit to Fedora
- 1.5 Kickstart File
- 1.6 ISO Name / FS Label
- 1.7 Dependencies
- 1.8 Scope / Testing
- 1.9 Spins Page
- 1.10 Comments and Discussion
The Fedora Xfce Spin is focused on providing a complete, well integrated Xfce desktop.
- Name: Kevin Fenzi
- email: email@example.com
- Name: Christoph Wickert
- email: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Name: Adam Miller
- email: <email@example.com>
The Fedora Xfce spin showcases the Xfce desktop, which aims to be fast and lightweight, while still being visually appealing and user friendly.
Xfce is a full fledged desktop using the freedesktop.org standard.
Benefit to Fedora
The Xfce Spin is of great value to users on older/slower machines as well as a number of folks that just prefer it to alternatives. It also works well as a base for users who wish a even lighter desktop setup.
ISO Name / FS Label
- ISO name: Fedora-$release-$arch-Live-Xfce
- FS-Label: Fedora-$release-$arch-Xfce
- Xfce is already in Fedora, as are all the shipped plugins and applications.
Scope / Testing
- Spin should boot to gdm and allow Xfce4 as the session.
- Automatic login should occur and leave a user at the base Xfce desktop
- Basic Desktop functions should be tested: Launching applications from menu, changing background, switching desktops.
- Basic adding plugins to the panel should be tested with the included plugins via alt right click on the panel.
- nm-applet should be available in the default panel and function as per it's tests
- The default Xfce launchers on the bottom panel should all work and launch their indicated applications.
- On idle, gnome-screensaver should launch and lock the screen.
- On logout, Xfce should ask to save your session and do so if indicated.
Simple, fast, free.
The Fedora Xfce Spin is live cd which is also installable that showcases the Xfce Desktop Environment featuring a mix of high productivity centric applications. Xfce is a lightweight desktop environment for various *NIX systems. Designed for productivity, it loads and executes applications fast, while conserving system resources. The purpose of the Fedora Xfce Spin is to provide a high-quality Xfce experience to Fedora users and developers highlighting the benefits of the clean quick interface of the Xfce desktop that lets users get more done faster. All this built on top of Fedora innovations makes for a next generation Xfce powered desktop.
Fedora Xfce spin is live cd which is also installable that features Xfce which is a lightweight, quick and clean desktop interface that allows you to get more done faster. Designed for productivity, Xfce loads and executes applications quickly, while conserving system resources. All this built on top of Fedora innovations makes for a next generation Xfce powered desktop.
- Xfce Documentation: http://www.xfce.org/documentation/
- Xfce FAQ: http://wiki.xfce.org/faq
- Another Xfce FAQ: http://forum.xfce.org/index.php?board=5.0
- Fedora 12 User Guide: http://docs.fedoraproject.org/user-guide/f12/en-US/html/
- Xfce chapter in the Fedora 12 User Guide: http://docs.fedoraproject.org/user-guide/f12/en-US/html/chap-User_Guide-Tour_of_the_Xfce_desktop.html
- Xfce Mailing list: http://foo-projects.org/mailman/listinfo/xfce/
- Fedora List: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
- #xfce on freenode.net irc://irc.freenode.net/xfce
- #fedora on freenode: irc://irc.freenode.net/fedora
Comments and Discussion
- See Talk:XFCE_Spin