- 1 Fedora Ambassadors Meeting Minutes 2006-02-09
- 1.1 Next meeting
- 1.2 Note
- 1.3 Participants
- 1.4 Summary
- 1.4.1 Review upcoming events
- 22.214.171.124 SCALE 4X (Feb 11-12, 2006) Owner - ThomasChung
- 126.96.36.199 Fedora Day (Feb 25, 2006) Owner - ThijsHulshof
- 188.8.131.52 FOSDEM (Feb 25-26, 2006) Onwer - FredericHornain
- 184.108.40.206 Jornada Software Libre y Aplicaciones (Mar 13-16, 2006) Owner - JoseTarazona
- 220.127.116.11 Free Desktop Event (Mar 16-18, 2006) Owner - MauricioPretto
- 18.104.22.168 LWCE Boston 2006 (Apr 3-6, 2006) Owner - MatthewMiller
- 22.214.171.124 PyCon: In Addison, Texas
- 126.96.36.199 FISL 7.0 (Apr 19-22, 2006) Owner - RodrigoPadula
- 188.8.131.52 German Linuxtag 2006 (May 3-6, 2006) Owner - GeroldKassube
- 184.108.40.206 Linuxdays in Austria
- 220.127.116.11 FedoraLibraries
- 1.4.2 Schwag pipeline
- 1.4.3 Funding for attendance
- 1.4.4 MISC
- 1.4.5 Presentations for Ambassadors
- 1.4.6 Standard Ambassadors kit
- 1.4.1 Review upcoming events
Fedora Ambassadors Meeting Minutes 2006-02-09
- Location: irc.freenode.net
- Channel: #fedora-mktg
- Date and Time: 2006-02-16, 14:00 UTC
- AlexMaier is on vacation
- GregDeKoenigsberg is in Asia for FUDConDelhi2006
- ThomasChung (
- AurelienBompard (
- DavidHackl (
- PatrickBarnes (
- FlorianBrand (
- GeroldKassube (
Following list of agenda/schedule is based on http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/Schedule
Review upcoming events
- solartrooper requests to add Linuxweeks in Austria to
- We should move past events to
FedoraEvents/PastEventsand we should combine
- we can simply move content of Archive to
PastEventsand remove Archive
- Also I think we should move any events without owners to
SCALE 4X (Feb 11-12, 2006) Owner - ThomasChung
- Well, good news folks, Warren Togami accepted as a speaker at the SCALE at the last minute. :)
- tchung has added Talk Title in http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents/SCALE :)
- we haven't received exact schedule yet but I'll post it there as soon as I hear from SCALE staff.
- I believe Warren will provide his prenstation so they can post on their site and our site.
Fedora Day (Feb 25, 2006) Owner - ThijsHulshof
- ThijsHulshof not here to report on Fedora Day
FOSDEM (Feb 25-26, 2006) Onwer - FredericHornain
- FredericHornain not present
Jornada Software Libre y Aplicaciones (Mar 13-16, 2006) Owner - JoseTarazona
- JoseTarazona not present
- tchung received email from JoseTarazona via list
- The Description needs to be updated in English
- tchung will contact him off the list
Free Desktop Event (Mar 16-18, 2006) Owner - MauricioPretto
- MauricioPretto not present
LWCE Boston 2006 (Apr 3-6, 2006) Owner - MatthewMiller
- tchung spoke to MatthewMiller and he'll be joining us in the next meeting.
- He'll give us update on FUDCon Boston 2006 (Apr 7, 2006) at the time as well
PyCon: In Addison, Texas
- nman64: Oh, a quick note about PyCon: In Addison, Texas, it is a relatively small event, and does have a registration fee.
- The total cost for me to get there and participate makes it, IMHO, not worth bothering with. (Addison is in the Dallas area, BTW.)
FISL 7.0 (Apr 19-22, 2006) Owner - RodrigoPadula
- RodrigoPadula not present
German Linuxtag 2006 (May 3-6, 2006) Owner - GeroldKassube
- ChitleshGoorah: I'll do my best to assist GeroldKa during linuxtag
- GeroldKa: Yesterday I met Florian Brand aka BruderTux and we discussed a lot of things, also the FUDCon which will be organised from
- BruderTux. Have a look at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon/FUDConLinuxtag2006
- We'll organise a lot of and we think we'll fill a 50 square meter stall
Linuxdays in Austria
- solartrooper: Austria has a bit another concept of "Linuxdays"
- we have the countrywide linuxweeks, which always begin about May and go until June.
- date of the first dissertation isn't fixed right now, but will come soon
- As soon as solartrooper has details, he'll add them to the FedoraEvents page.
- ChitleshGoorah: I really need support for the FedoraLibrary project.
- I tried to launch discussions in the list. But nothing. I feel no one is interested to work it out
- tchung thought the owner of Fedora Education Project is interested
- William: ChitleshGoorah, i'm new here but I could help you in France ...
- ChitleshGoorah has scheduled a meeting with the directory of his Uni to launch it here in Strasbourg
- tchung: ChitleshGoorah, if you send me some introduction of your project, I'll post in my next FWN.
- We are happy to report our Steering Committe is making some progress in this issue
- Alex will give us update in the next meeting
Funding for attendance
- Alex will report at the next meeting
- ChitleshGoorah: Does the Steering Commitee (famsco) discuss among themselves or on the list?
- tchung: Yes, FAMSCO has a list called firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It is private list. If you have any request or suggestion to FAMSCO, please email me and I'll forward to them. :)
- nman64: Or, post to the Ambassador list, as all SC members watch it.
- tchung won't include ["Distribution/FreeMedia"] in the Schedule until he has a more sold idea and more participants
- EVERYBODY: Note that we cannot perform any fundraising activities at this time and so we cannot sell anything at events!
Fedora Account System
- Getting your own Fedora Project Email address is important for All Fedora Ambassadors
- solartrooper: do I have to use GPG for getting an account?
- nman64: Yes, you'll have to have a GPG key to get the account set up.
Presentations for Ambassadors
- We need to provide Ambassadors with some slide decks for various presentations.
- We should probably aggregate the ones we already have and make them available.
- We should also figure out our policy for licensing these presentations!
- tchung thought Rahul was working on *Official* or *Standard* slides for us
- We'll need contributors to complete the CLA (as all Ambassadors should), and will probably be licensing them using the OPL without stipulations.
Standard Ambassadors kit
- this is either already done or Greg is still working it :)
- The content of the kits is just about finalized, but production and distribution will still take time.
- Greg will be back to give us update on Standard Ambassadors kit in the next meeting
- At present, it looks unlikely that shirts will be part of the standard kit, but will be available for < $10 USD to Ambassadors.
- The *current* plan is to include reasonable quantities of install DVDs.
- We're having to watch production costs, so that really isn't feasible right now.
- Meeting Minutes summarized by AlexMaier
- Meeting Minutes posted by ThomasChung