Fedora Ambassadors Meeting Minutes 2006-06-22
- See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/Schedule and http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents
- FAMSco Update
- lxmaier: I have no Famsco reports this week
- mspevack: I am in conversations with our finance guys here, working to do a full audit of our budget. I'm not sure when that will be complete, but it's in process of happening.
- tchung: As of 2006-06-19, we have 89 approved members. See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/MembershipService/Approved
- tchung: we have 6 more new members since last report. See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Projects/WeeklyReports/2006-06-12
- Project Reports
- FreeMedia - ThomasChung
- tchung: We're doing really good this month.
- tchung: For the month of June, we fulfilled 86 requests out of 102 so far.
- tchung: For the month of May, we fulfilled 100 % out of 176!! Thanks to KarlieRobinson. :)
- lxmaier: a special kudos to Karlie!
- OpenVideo Contest - AlexMaier
- lxmaier: Creative Commons and Fedora, sponsored by Red Hat, have launched a VideoContest this week
- lxmaier: the main prize is a SONY DVD camcorder
- lxmaier: and the first 150 submissions will receive a pair of flip-flops
- lxmaier: please spread the word: http://creativecommons.org/video/openvideocontest/
- tchung: The official announcement for this contest is available at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/OpenVideo/Announcement
- tchung: I've submitted the announcement to most popular news sites already. See "Press Release". :)
- kOoL: news was submitted to fedoraitalia.org portal and i'll take care it will be published on another italian "big" oss news site
- Fedora Events
- June 23-30, 2006 Fedora, Friends and Fun Virginia Beach, VA USA - BobJensen
- BobJensen not present
- lxmaier: anyone know anything about this event?
- tchung: I'll contact Bob after the meeting. action item
- July 22-23, 2006 LUGRadio Live! 2006 Wolverhampton, UK - JonFautley
- JonFautley not present
- July 24-28, 2006 OSCON 2006 Portland, OR, USA - RichardTuttle
- RichardTuttle not present
- BobJensen is a point of contact from FAMSCO
- lxmaier: i guess we need some more info--please prod Bob, tchung
- tchung: Once again, I'll contact Bob after the meeting for status. action item
- Aug, 5, 2006 My First Mauritian LUG Meeting Port-Louis, Mauritius - ChitleshGoorah
- ChitleshGoorah not present
- lxmaier: anyone knows anything?
- kOoL: just read his mail ... he got the auth model to "export" DVD and has confirmed his efforts
- Aug, 14-17, 2006 LinuxWorld San Francisco 2006 San Francisco, CA, USA - LinuxWorld USA
- No owner yet
- lxmaier: mspevack: i had an impression KarstenWade (quaid) was interested
- mspevack: ok, we have a booth and a BoF, according to JackAboutboul, but beyond that, if Jack and quaid want to figure out who owns it, that's fine with me. I'd like there to be a single owner
- mspevack: keep in mind that Red Hat itself will not be at LWSF, it will just be Fedora.
- lxmaier: mspevack: since you seem to be the only one who knows anything about this event, do you mind making sure we DO have a single owner?
- mspevack: lxmaier: sure :-)
- lxmaier: and also, mspevack, maybe add a quick status update to http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/LinuxWorld/LinuxWorldSanFrancisco2006 in the meanwhile?
- tchung: I'll contact JackAboutboul and KarstenWade after the meeting about LWSF. action item
- Aug 18, 2006 FUDCon San Francsico 2006 San Francisco, CA, USA (still in discussion)
- No owner yet
- mspevack: this is an out of date item. The decision that was made, honestly I don't remember where, it was on famsco-list I think, was that it didn't make sense to do a FUDCon SF
- quaid: aye, I think it was private email with a good group
- mspevack: we prefer to do a FUDCon in Silicon Valley area, but sometime after the school year starts, and we can do it at a college (Standford?)
- mspevack: I am in charge of that but I will be delegating :-)
- quaid: and I'm your Sgt. on the ground :)
- mspevack: There's 2 separate things -- 1) LWSF in August, 2) FUDCon NoCal in Oct/Nov
- mspevack: IMHO jack owns LWSF and I own FUDCon with quaid likely to help a lot
- Aug 24-26, 2006 III Festival Software Livre da Bahia Lauro de Freitas, BA, Brazil - HugoCisneiros and OthonBatista
- Both HugoCisneiros and OthonBatista not present
- Need to contact RodrigoMenezes for more info action item
- Sept, 2006 Linux Day - PawelSadowski
- PawelSadowski not present
- lxmaier: i have just received this update from pawel
- See http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-ambassadors-list/2006-June/msg00102.html
- Schwag pipeline and a Standard Ambassadors Survival Kit
- lxmaier: mspevack: have any news on this?
- mspevack: lxmaier: JackAboutboul is doing all of the work on the event kit, he was supposed to send a note to ambassadors list
- lxmaier: however, if jack is doing work for the ambassadors project, it would be very helpful if he also communicated his work to the ambassadors from time to time
- mspevack: we'd like feedback on-list about that
- lxmaier: mspevack: he sent a very long message outlining what will happen--and this was the first the group has heard from him
- lxmaier: i meant to say that he needs to communicate regularly
- lxmaier: and also to take into account the input he might receive from the group
- mspevack: lxmaier: I will encourage him to do so -- Jack, you listeninig? :-)
- mspevack: lxmaier: he is *absolutely* going to take into account input
- mspevack: and i'll talk to him and make sure the work continues to be transparent
- hanafiah: i'm currently build module (Fedora Core 5) for linux training in malay language for malaysian.
- hanafiah: it would be great if any one can donate their module to me so that i can translate and enchance the module.
- StrikeForce: Does anyone have any feedback regarding http://linux.org.au/conf/
- StrikeForce: In Australia they hold an annual event in either Australia or New Zealand does anyone know whether Red Hat is a part of this?
- lxmaier: StrikeForce: i do not know whether Red Hat is going there
- tchung: StrikeForce, when is the next event?
- StrikeForce: Generally in January it is held so the next one would be Jan' 07
- StrikeForce: Ok I'll do a bit more research on the situation and try and post back either to the list or at the next meeting that I attend what more information I can gather
- lxmaier: and add your event to http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents
- lxmaier: we usually review the events for the upcoming 3 months so we have plenty of time before january ;)
- glezos: Is there a page on the wiki that has hands-on instructions for ambassadors to do stuff?
- lxmaier: this is for FUDCon, but you can adapt them for your purposes and post them under http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon/Organization
- lxmaier: Also, see http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/HowTo, http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/HelpWanted
- glezos: lxmaier: OK, I'll study it and form the idea better in my mind and probably send an email to the list.
- lxmaier: on HelpWanted, you will find all sorts of things where people are asking for immediate help