Fedora Ambassadors Meeting Minutes 2006-07-13
- See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/Schedule
- FAMSCO update
- <mspevack> we talked a lot about budget
- <mspevack> I posted an accounting of Fedora's expenses
- <mspevack> and the FAMSCO looked at it, asked for some clarifications, etc. which I will be making
- <mspevack> but in short, we're in good shape for the events that are upcoming, and for FUDCons
- <mspevack> in FAMSCO meeting was trying to make sure that people have all signed their CLAs, etc.
- <mspevack> thomas chung is leading that, and looking for volunteers to help him
- Project reports
- <gregdek> No Thomas, no Alex, no Rahul...
- <gregdek> ...but we do have karlie. How's Sponsored Media going?
- <karlie> spectacular
- <karlie> we've got 3 vendors now and the lists are being filled
- <gregdek> Wow. Actually spectacular? Got any numbers to share?
- <karlie> sure
- <karlie> How's 100% for ya?
- <gregdek> Awesome! Now we have to figure out how to drive up the request numbers ;-)
- <karlie> actually the requests are limited to about 100 a month
- <karlie> but I suspect if we keep going at 100% we'll be able to open it up more
- <karlie> if you visit http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Distribution/FreeMedia/FC5DVD
- <karlie> you'll see that April wasn't so hot, but may and june were 100% and July looks like it will be a full month as well
- <mspevack> i was looking at those pages last week -- it's great stuff
- <gregdek> Very good. Should we be putting on a PR campaign to increase requests, now that we're scaling to fulfill?
- <gregdek> I'd like to do some PR about the effectiveness of SponsoredMedia. Any ideas?
- <gregdek> Perhaps we can talk more onlist. I'll start the discussion.
- Fedora Events
- July 22-23, 2006 - LUGRadio Live! 2006
- JonFautley not present
- July 24-28, 2006 - OSCON 2006
- JackAboutboul not prsent
- <gregdek> I'll be there with Jack Aboutboul. mspevack: any other details from Jack?
- <mspevack> we've got a bof
- <mspevack> we've got a booth
- <mspevack> he's got a plane ticket :-)
- <gregdek> Is he manning the booth all week?
- <gregdek> Or do we have other helpers?
- <mspevack> I think there's some other ambassadors who will be there
- <mspevack> he's in charge of recruiting for the event.
- <gregdek> We should probably follow up to see how it's going, heh. I'll do that.
- Aug, 5, 2006 - My First Mauritian LUG Meeting
- ChitleshGoorah not present
- <GeroldKa> afaik he'll travel today or tomorrow for four weeks
- <GeroldKa> and has no or strange limited internet access
- <GeroldKa> I belive we´ve to wait until he´s back :-(
- Aug, 14-17, 2006 - LinuxWorld San Francisco 2006
- JackAboutboul not present
- <mspevack> LWSF -- jack has a booth, bof. We need the update from him
- <mspevack> lxmaier: everything is on-target
- <mspevack> we just need people to go!
- mspevack will ask jack to make sure he's at the next ambassadors meeting
- Aug 24-26, 2006 - III Festival Software Livre da Bahia
- HugoCisneiros not present
- OthonBatista not present
- Sept, 2006 - Linux Day
- PawelSadowski not present
- Sept, 21-22, 2006 - OpenExpo 2006
- FabianAffolter not present
- <GeroldKa> imho there is a better place to get Red Hat there instead of Fedora because it´s a company related ERP-Exibihion with a lot of companys there. We (my company) attends this since 7 years and we have there more leads and dates as on Cebit or Systems
- <lxmaier> this is valuable input GeroldKa
- <GeroldKa> so maybe Fedora is NOT the correct partner for this event
- <GeroldKa> thats just my opinion
- <lxmaier> well, famsco will remember this when deciding on the funding for this event
- <GeroldKa> I talked few days ago with the board of Ch/open which is leading and organizing this event
- <GeroldKa> once again: should be visited from Red Hat - IMPORTANT
- Sept 30, 2006 - Ohio LinuxFest 2006
- JeffreyTadlock not present
- Oct, 11-12, 2006 - LinuxWorld Netherlands 2006
- No Ambassador yet
- <lxmaier> we need volunteers for this event
- <lxmaier> any Europeans willing to volunteer?
- <lxmaier> i will post a call to the list to see who can do this.
- <MrTomLapy> about initiatives we (the french ambassadors) are taking care of, I'm very busy at the time to know where we are.
- <MrTomLapy> People like llaumgui, [splinux] and drpixel are more up to date about that question
- <MrTomLapy> I know we are trying to make install party and big communication on FC6 for october but no more yet (as i'm ot up to date)
- <FrancescoUgolini> i've try to contact the users that actually haven't sign the CLA, but many of us don't reply
- <lxmaier> FrancescoUgolini: that was the problem with them to begin with
- <lxmaier> please talk to tchung about it, he is the head of the initiative
- <lxmaier> FrancescoUgolini: you are helping with a very important initiative, to get all registered Ambassadors more engaged, and to have them all sign the CLA