Membership Service for Fedora Ambassadors
If you have any question about the Ambassdors membership service, please contact:
- Membership Verification - Ambassadors/MembershipService/Verification
- Inactives - Ambassadors/MembershipService/Inactives
- Stat - Ambassadors/MembershipService/VerificationStats
Ambassadors who have signed the CLA and joined the Ambassadors Group
How to request a Fedora email alias for Ambassadors
- See this announcement on fedora-ambassadors-list.
OPL and CLA Check
Ambassador unsubscribed from the mailing list
this will be send to the candidate with the ticket creation from https://fedorahosted.org/fama
- How to search someone's gpg keys
Mentor's first Answer
Reject the subscription with a note
Removal Process for Ambassador's Membership
- remove Ambassadors category from personal wiki page
- remove from Country List (automated!)
- remove from 'ambassadors' group in Fedora Account System
- remove from Fedora ambassadors list
- leave Fedora marketing list
Ambassador Group Membership can be removed for certain reasons:
- automaticaly triggered by the Process
- Candidate selfremoval or Candidates request
- FAS Account is inactive longer than 6 month
- Mentor no longer supports his Mentee
- need approval by FAmSCo/executed by FAmA
- violation of the Ambassadors/Conduct (simple FAmSCo quorum needed)
- regional Communities can do clean up calls
- (precedent india cleanup Jan2010/Ambassadors had to answer repeated simple pings with "i am alive" This should be done in cooperation with FAmA and FAmSCo)
Ambassadors will have their account set to inactive if they haven't had any sign of online activity for the last 18 months. The actual process works as following:
- An automated script will grep all kind of activity of Ambassadors and will filter out those who are inactive for more than 18 months.
- Those ambassadors will be notified by email that their account is going to be flagged as inactive in 14 days. To avoid it, they can just log into FAS and they're fine for another 18 months.
Note: Even if an account is set to inactive, the owner can change the status to active easily from his FAS account. Inactive users won't be listed in the public list of ambassadors.